Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Yes because they use a supported Intel WiFi/BT module. Keep in mind that various Continuity features will not be available with Intel Bluetooth.

This includes AirDrop, Continuity Camera, SideCar, Universal Control, etc.
Hmmm....I do use airdrop. That would be a bummer not to have it. Any hope that AirDrop will eventually work with the Intel modules?

Hmmm....I do use airdrop. That would be a bummer not to have it. Any hope that AirDrop will eventually work with the Intel modules?
If you need Airdrop, you'll need to implement the options in the OP. You'll have to periodically check the OpenIntelWireless thread or here if anyone sees that it's been enabled.

Aero G DDR5 users — keep in mind, that the Z690 can not handle 4 sticks of high speed RAM with XMP for now. Only two are allowed. Example — ADATA 6000 MHz Lancer XPG DDR5, two 16GB sticks work well with XMP 1 at 6000 MHz, 4 stick 16GB won't POST with XMP1 at all. Without XMP they work at 4500 MHz.

Aero G DDR5 users — keep in mind, that the Z690 can not handle 4 sticks of high speed RAM with XMP for now. Only two are allowed. Example — ADATA 6000 MHz Lancer XPG DDR5, two 16GB sticks work well with XMP 1 at 6000 MHz, 4 stick 16GB won't POST with XMP1 at all. Without XMP they work at 4500 MHz.
Will they post at above the JEDEC rate but below the XMP, at 5600, for example?

Will they post at above the JEDEC rate but below the XMP, at 5600, for example?
Had no luck with 4800-5600 rates, only turning off XMP and DDR5 auto boost worked (mb hangs with dram red post light for 3-4 minutes, then reboots in BIOS with default RAM settings (4500 MHz)

I have 4 sticks running XMP.

Just confirmed that Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth are now working in Monterey!! I'm testing on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare.

Will install Ventura public beta shortly and test there as well.

Update:
Works in Ventura as well!

Mini-Guide posted here:
So works on Z590 and B560, right?

Back