Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@CaseySJ Thank you so much for the detailed instruction. It is super helpful. I was able to get my mod working (on OC0.8.2) but I am having problem getting my builtin Thunderbolt working. I have tried the RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml or download the compiled aml file from Hackindrom ("Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - Z690 Platform"). And tried just about all the Thunderbolt related SSDT files I can find here, but none of them worked. It seems that the ACPI path is either "RP05" or "PR21". Gigabyte Z690 AERO D has builtin Thunderbolt 4. I am not sure if the problem is due to wrong ACPI path since most people here are using PCI thunderbolt card. Attached is my EFI, if anyone could kindly give me some pointer, that will be great. Thanks so much!
Hi sorry to bug, anyone can share info how to get the built in Thunderbolt working? Much appreciated!

Hi sorry to bug, anyone can share info how to get the built in Thunderbolt working? Much appreciated!
See Post #1 for the BIOS settings and attached Thunderbolt Titan Ridge SSDT.

Thanks. Sorry, few more questions. I can't load to Windows from OpenCore Boot menu. When I select Windows, I can see black screen and that's it. (But I can load to Windows if choose Windows drive (I have separate drives for Windows and hackintosh)). Also, sleep does not work. Can I fix it somehow? Can I log in into my Apple ID? I'm new to hackintosh. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.
This can happen if you are dropping the DMAR table and replacing it with SSDT-DMAR.aml.

In my case the boot argument is necessary, otherwise the 1GbE driver gets attached instead of the 2.5GbE driver.
The com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000.dext isn't a 1GbE driver. It works very well and connects my i225-v automatically with 2500Base-T. People are confusing the obove mentioned driver with the AppleIntelE1000.kext and often call it "the worng driver".
In addition, the DEXT driver supports more and more network adapters completely natively. It doesn't make sense to load an old discontinued driver instead. And the SSDT used is a pure placebo, which has no influence on the functionality of the i225-v. I had a longer conversation with the maker of the I225-vmod and he told me that the values like subsystem-id, subsystemvendor-id etc also never had and have an influence on the functionality.

Last edited:
** Revised Procedure for Enabling Intel i225-V 2.5GbE in Monterey and Ventura **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link or excerpt instead.

macOS Monterey and Ventura:
AppleVTD must be enabled (click here for procedure). Warning: This may prevent OpenCore boot picker from booting Windows.

Simply disable the Device Properties associated with the i225-V. Also do not specify any boot arguments such as e1000=0. Here's an example:
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 1.36.32 PM.png

If the Device Properties are not commented out or removed, macOS will not recognize the Ethernet port:
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 1.34.23 PM.png

After commenting-out or removing the Device Properties we get the following. Note that com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 is the right driver. It supports the Intel i225-V natively.
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 1.37.48 PM.png

And if we check System Settings --> Network --> Advanced --> Hardware we can see 2500Base-T (but only when connected to 2.5GbE or faster downstream port).
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 1.37.04 PM.png

Acknowledgements:
@HenryM and @NCMacGuy

Last edited:
** Revised Procedure for Enabling Intel i225-V 2.5GbE in Monterey and Ventura **
Since i225-V is now natively supported, do you know if we still need the Aquantia patch? I can test later.

Since i225-V is now natively supported, do you know if we still need the Aquantia patch? I can test later.
The Aquantia patch is still necessary! Just verified.

Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.8.3 Mini-Guide **
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G

Updated 11 Aug 2022 for 0.8.3 Release Version

macOS version supported:
  • Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura
Install Options:
  • The HackinDROM application can be used to install these EFI folders.
  • It is also possible to install the folders manually.
Manual Installation Procedure:
  • Use OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0 and set its preferences to 0.8.3 Release Version
  • Caution: When using OpenCore Configurator, ensure that only one EFI partition is mounted
  • Download the appropriate ZIP file attached below and make these changes to config.plist:
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 4.05.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.56.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.59.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.59.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.41.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 4.07.30 PM.png

Warning:
  • If using Radeon VII or Vega GPUs, remove boot argument "agdpmod=pikera"

Attachments

• EFI-083-Z690-AERO-G.zip
    41.8 MB · Views: 893
Last edited:
Does anyone work within the Adobe suite? I've got a legit license running on my machine and whatever Adobe App I run, my system becomes extremely laggy. Every app I try to use stalls and slows down. It's extremely annoying. I'm on OC 0.8.1 and OS 12.4.

Back