Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

ACPI patch helped so thanks for pointing that out. I don't think it was enabled in your original OC 0.7.7 EFI, so I never implemented it.

It sleeps now however, USB wake will not turn the monitor(s) back on and I have to press the power button for full wake.

I tried SSDT-USBW.aml with USBWakeFixup.kext. My mouse and kb are connected to the rear 4 port USB 3.0 hub HS08/SS06. They power on but the computer stays asleep.

My iojones is also in the zip. I saw that HS14 showed up in it, I have no idea how. My current EFI with the ACP patch with manual sleep working is also in the zip.
try it.
opencore 0.8.2 beta

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 58
Please try the attached config.plist after copying serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. I've enabled:

SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS.aml (not the one with HS14 in its name)

And I've disabled SSDT-GPRW.aml and its associated ACPI patch for the time being.

I've also changed:
  • ProcessorType in PlatformInfo --> DataHub to 3841 (0xF01) instead of 3842 as mentioned in the RestrictEvents README on GitHub.
  • Deleted NVRAM entry for UIScale and set UIScale to 0 in UEFI --> Output.

IMPORTANT:

Please double-check that the system is booting from the correct SSD. This can be checked either in BIOS Setup --> Boot or by pressing F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen to open the BIOS boot menu.
I had to wipe both nVME drives and reinstall macOS again on disk0 and now all ports show up. I had installed Windows 11 first but on disk1, then macOS on disk0 but I guess it didn't help.

Now it goes into sleep and screens immediately turn back on. OC 0.8.1.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 12.18.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 12.18.29 AM.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 27
  • EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Cool I'll try that.

Still not sure why I'm only seeing HS01-HS14 USB and none of the SS ports at all this time around. lolz.. yikes.
I am also having that issue nt sure why

CaseySJ is it possible to use a MacBook Pro for making install disk? I will be starting a new Aero Z690 install as soon as Amazon gets the parts to me.

2013 macbook pro

I had to wipe both nVME drives and reinstall macOS again on disk0 and now all ports show up. I had installed Windows 11 first but on disk1, then macOS on disk0 but I guess it didn't help.

Now it goes into sleep and screens immediately turn back on. OC 0.8.1.
It would be good to see the sleep log file:
Code:
pmset -g log | tail -300 > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt
This will export the last 300 lines of the log into Documents --> sleeplog.txt

Another option now is to try enabling both of the following:
  1. ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-GPRW.aml
  2. ACPI --> Patch --> (enable the last row, Change Method (GPRW,2,N) to XPRW...)
Then reboot and test sleep (only power button will wake up the system).

Yes an Intel 2013 MacBook Pro can definitely be used to create the install disk.
The reason I asked the question is because on page 1 of this thread you indicated that the installation was for Monterey and step 1 states
"Create USB install disk on a Mac or existing Hackintosh." My Z490 hack just died (got Circuit Parity error) so all I have is my 2013 MBP.

Thanks for such a detailed guide for the gig z690.

Capnvideo

The reason I asked the question is because on page 1 of this thread you indicated that the installation was for Monterey and step 1 states
"Create USB install disk on a Mac or existing Hackintosh." My Z490 hack just died (got Circuit Parity error) so all I have is my 2013 MBP.

Your 2013 MacBook Pro is a Mac! :)

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 12.24.08 PM.png

Thanks for such a detailed guide for the gig z690.

Good luck with the build. Take your time with the installation procedure. We'll be here if you need help.

It would be good to see the sleep log file:
Code:
pmset -g log | tail -300 > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt
This will export the last 300 lines of the log into Documents --> sleeplog.txt

Another option now is to try enabling both of the following:
  1. ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-GPRW.aml
  2. ACPI --> Patch --> (enable the last row, Change Method (GPRW,2,N) to XPRW...)
Then reboot and test sleep (only power button will wake up the system).
Hey - finally working after a lot of troubleshooting! Had bluetoothfixup.kext enabled which I set to disabled and now it works like a charm. Thanks for the help dudes!

I had a handle on my z170-Deluxe and this z690 was tricky!

I've attached my EFI.

Attachments

• OC - 0.8.1.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back