Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I just deleted my EFI and downloaded Casey's old 0.8.0 again and updated it via HackinDrom, went into Hackintool and under power it was showing red for proximity wake and hibernate so I reset and fixed sleep, rebooted and tested sleep with 7.1 SMbios and it works
Do you have the post link?

Cool I'll try that.

Still not sure why I'm only seeing HS01-HS14 USB and none of the SS ports at all this time around. lolz.. yikes.
Please note that USBInjectAll 0.7.1 is not compatible with Z690. We need 0.7.7, which has always been included in the EFI folders for this build (available from Post 1) or directly from my GitHub page.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 7.44.46 AM.png

Update:
  • Just noticed another problem in the screenshot above. There is CPUFriendDataProvider.kext but the companion kext, CPUFriend.kext is missing. Without both kexts, the CPU will not perform optimally. Again, the EFI folders for this build (Post 1) have always provided both kexts.

Last edited:
Please note that USBInjectAll 0.7.1 is not compatible with Z690. We need 0.7.7, which has always been included in the EFI folders for this build (available from Post 1) or directly from my GitHub page.

View attachment 549752
Update:
  • Just noticed another problem in the screenshot above. There is CPUFriendDataProvider.kext but the companion kext, CPUFriend.kext is missing. Without both kexts, the CPU will not perform optimally. Again, the EFI folders for this build (Post 1) have always provided both kexts.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check and report back.

Oops! Me, too. Thanks for bit of info. Now, updated. Phew...

View attachment 549752
Update:
Updated USBInjectAll.kext to 0.7.7 and added CPUFriend.kext.

Same results - sleep but no system wake, only peripherals.

Also only still getting HS01-HS14,USR1 ports. IDK why HS14 still shows up even with the kernel quirk enabled and SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml.

I unchecked both options to try to inject all ports but as you can see in the screenshot, it's not working.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 4.42.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 4.42.34 PM.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 25

Also only still getting HS01-HS14,USR1 ports. IDK why HS14 still shows up even with the kernel quirk enabled and SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml.

I unchecked both options to try to inject all ports but as you can see in the screenshot, it's not working.
SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml is disabled

also reset nvram and on hackintool, click the broom icon and then the refresh button

Please try the attached config.plist after copying serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. I've enabled:

SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS.aml (not the one with HS14 in its name)

And I've disabled SSDT-GPRW.aml and its associated ACPI patch for the time being.

I've also changed:
  • ProcessorType in PlatformInfo --> DataHub to 3841 (0xF01) instead of 3842 as mentioned in the RestrictEvents README on GitHub.
  • Deleted NVRAM entry for UIScale and set UIScale to 0 in UEFI --> Output.

IMPORTANT:

Please double-check that the system is booting from the correct SSD. This can be checked either in BIOS Setup --> Boot or by pressing F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen to open the BIOS boot menu.

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.2 KB · Views: 38
SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml is disabled

also reset nvram and on hackintool, click the broom icon and then the refresh button
It's disabled so that I can inject all of the USB ports. Trying to see if the SS and USB-c ports show up, they aren't at all and they were before I started to troubleshoot sleep.

I'll try resetting nvram again and using hackintool but I'm surprised that I'm running into so much trouble with USB.

It's disabled so that I can inject all of the USB ports. Trying to see if the SS and USB-c ports show up, they aren't at all and they were before I started to troubleshoot sleep.

I'll try resetting nvram again and using hackintool but I'm surprised that I'm running into so much trouble with USB.
USB setup is a pain, especially when XhciPortLimit got broke in later versions of macOS

Please try the attached config.plist after copying serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. I've enabled:

SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS.aml (not the one with HS14 in its name)

And I've disabled SSDT-GPRW.aml and its associated ACPI patch for the time being.

I've also changed:
  • ProcessorType in PlatformInfo --> DataHub to 3841 (0xF01) instead of 3842 as mentioned in the RestrictEvents README on GitHub.
  • Deleted NVRAM entry for UIScale and set UIScale to 0 in UEFI --> Output.

IMPORTANT:

Please double-check that the system is booting from the correct SSD. This can be checked either in BIOS Setup --> Boot or by pressing F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen to open the BIOS boot menu.
Boot order is set to boot from the macOS nVME and not Windows since reset nvram still shows the macOS nVME in as the first in order.

I have SS01 and SS02 now with that config. Sleep is not working now at all. HS14 is not injected and I saw you left xhciportlimit quirk disabled, so all the SS ports should show up correct?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 5.18.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 5.18.43 PM.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 36
Back