Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to get my new Z690 System to boot the installer. (Monterey). The problem is I've gotten it to the point where I'm just stuck at the Apple Logo.

I do have 2 dGPUS, AMD Firepro W7000 and a 2080ti ( The only change other then what I saw in this post I made was making a ssdt that disables the pci port its in)

Asus Z690 Prime A
32GB DDR5
2tb, 1tb ssds
Fenvi T919

I have: CSM & Secure Boot Off, Other OS in bios, Above 4G enabled, Resizable bar enabled.

I have all cores enabled ( P + E and HT)

I have attached the EFI and the log it dumped.

If there is any direction that anyone can provide that would be really helpful, as there really isn't any guides I have found on Z690 yet.

** Interim Update of OpenCore EFI for Gigabyte Z690 Aero G **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.​

** Interim Update of OpenCore EFI for Gigabyte Z690 Aero G **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.​

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    44.3 MB · Views: 46
Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to get my new Z690 System to boot the installer. (Monterey). The problem is I've gotten it to the point where I'm just stuck at the Apple Logo.

I do have 2 dGPUS, AMD Firepro W7000 and a 2080ti ( The only change other then what I saw in this post I made was making a ssdt that disables the pci port its in)

Asus Z690 Prime A
32GB DDR5
2tb, 1tb ssds
Fenvi T919

I have: CSM & Secure Boot Off, Other OS in bios, Above 4G enabled, Resizable bar enabled.

I have all cores enabled ( P + E and HT)

I have attached the EFI and the log it dumped.

If there is any direction that anyone can provide that would be really helpful, as there really isn't any guides I have found on Z690 yet.
Hello @zgamer2621,

Several comments:
  • First, simply edit your post and delete the two quoted mini-guides. Note that each mini-guide says "Please do not quote this guide in its entirety."
  • The EFI folder for Z690 Aero G is specific to the Aero G. It is not always usable as-is on other systems. I looked at your config.plist and found a number of errors that have been corrected in the attached revision.
  • Feel free to try the attached config.plist, but copy your serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use.
If problems persist, please post those problems in this thread:
Or create a new thread here (assuming you're installing Monterey):

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.9 KB · Views: 45
I am having an issue. My Ethernet chip is not the Intel one, as in your build, but a Realtek "RTL 8125 2.5GbE Controller". I tried to add the correct .kext but my Hack ain't loading. Can you please assist or point me to the right direction please?

Edit: Solved. I manually added the .kext to my config instead of scanning for kexts through the OC option.

Now, on to figure out dual booting :)

Last edited:
I am having an issue. My Ethernet chip is not the Intel one, as in your build, but a Realtek "RTL 8125 2.5GbE Controller". I tried to add the correct .kext but my Hack ain't loading. Can you please assist or point me to the right direction please?

Edit: Solved. I manually added the .kext to my config instead of scanning for kexts through the OC option.

Now, on to figure out dual booting :)
Glad you figured it out!

I recommend OpenCore Configurator instead of ProperTree because "snapshot" features are black boxes that do not put you in charge of your configuration. It is a bit harder to learn OpenCore Configurator for setting up config.plist, but I can tell you unequivocally that it is fully worth the effort.

Has anyone tried the DDR5 version of the Aero G? Any luck with 4 sticks of RAM?

Has anyone tried the DDR5 version of the Aero G? Any luck with 4 sticks of RAM?
@Jeson in the Alder Lake thread posted a photo of their Aero D (not G) DDR5 motherboard. The DDR5 version of Aero G should be just fine. @StefanAM and others have already proved that DDR5 does not present any issue for macOS.

@Jeson in the Alder Lake thread posted a photo of their Aero D (not G) DDR5 motherboard. The DDR5 version of Aero G should be just fine. @StefanAM and others have already proved that DDR5 does not present any issue for macOS.
Should be exactly same EFI, etc, right?

Back