Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I just tried the following experiment successfully:
  • RX 6800 XT --> HDMI --> LG 1080p monitor
  • RX 6800 XT --> DisplayPort --> Asus 4K monitor
Both monitors woke up properly from sleep. This test was conducted with Monterey 12.1 Beta 3 with MSI RX 6800 XT Gaming X Trio.
awesome I got my TV mounted and was able to test this today. It works perfectly with this new z690 system. There definitely was something up with my previous x299 system.

Alpine Ridge is working incredible good in Monterey with Z690 Aorus Master. I flashed GC-ALPINE-RIDGE-NVM21-V3-NATA.bin by @NorthAmTransAm. I use Alpine Ridge SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml adapted to Z690. I have VTD enable, but untouched DMAR.
What works:
Thunderbolt, USB2,3, hot-plug, sleep, wake, regain TB and USB devices after boot. TB+USB work also in Ubuntu. USB works in Windows (TB no).
What doesn't work:
Warm boot (don't know why for now). I need to make cold boot (I need help here).
I'll update this post if something deserve to apear here.
It works better then in Z390.
Screen pictures made after wake.

Update1: Warm boot works for macOS and TB bus persist, but USB bus doesn't. I need to reboot whit TB3 Dock disconnected.
Hi, StefanAM:
Can you test whether the video output is normal? I have tried many TB3 AIC with Alpine-Ridge architecture. After refreshing the firmware, there is no video output, but the docking station is normal

Last edited:
Hi, StefanAM:
Can you test whether the video output is normal? I have tried many Ray li cards with Alpine-Ridge architecture. After refreshing the firmware, there is no video output, but the docking station is normal
Yes is true! No video output directly or through dock. It is a firmware issue because it doesn't work also in Linux or Windows. @CaseySJ, @Elias64Fr, @NorthAmTransAm can you please take a look on this? CaseySJ, GC-Titan Ridge has the same problem?

Yes is true! No video output directly or through dock. It is a firmware issue because it doesn't work also in Linux or Windows. @CaseySJ, @Elias64Fr, @NorthAmTransAm can you please take a look on this? CaseySJ, GC-Titan Ridge has the same problem?
Interesting that it doesn’t work in Windows either. Will check soon.

Interesting that it doesn’t work in Windows either. Will check soon.
It doesn't work booting through OpenCore or directly. Maybe I'm very wrong but the last oficial firmware for Alpine Ridge is 20.0, the one I have flashed is 33.0. Maybe firmware 20 patched can be the answer. I'll attach it, if anybody can and want to try fix it for mac.

Attachments

• GC-Alpine-Ridge-original.bin.zip
    146.1 KB · Views: 54
Although it's sometimes okay to ignore certain table loading errors, it's better to fix the errors and see if that makes any difference. To troubleshoot this remaining issue, simply post SSDT-xh_rksu4.aml.
Here you go:

Attachments

• System SSDT-7(xh_rksu4).aml
    3.1 KB · Views: 54
Here you go:
In config.plist --> ACPI --> Patch section of the Z590, is "XHCI" being renamed to something else? If not, let's look at the DSDT.aml as well.

In config.plist --> ACPI --> Patch section of the Z590, is "XHCI" being renamed to something else? If not, let's look at the DSDT.aml as well.
There's a patch in that section to Rename XHCI to XHC, but that patch is disabled.

Attached is the DSDT. Saved in *.dsl format because compiler errors wouldn't allow me to save as *.aml.

Attachments

• System DSDT_Z590VIsionD_T23.dsl
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
There's a patch in that section to Rename XHCI to XHC, but that patch is disabled.

Attached is the DSDT. Saved in *.dsl format because compiler errors wouldn't allow me to save as *.aml.
I had the same errors in Z390 Aorus Master. I tried to fix them. Never happened. No influence in stability.

I had the same errors in Z390 Aorus Master. I tried to fix them. Never happened. No influence in stability.
Same. Z590 has been very stable. Only issue is thunderbolt hotplug in macOS, but other than that, very very stable.

Back