Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@CaseySJ
I Wonder if theres another SMBIOS I can try to use to fix my Bluetooth issues.
Import from iPhone Timeouts, Hotspot doesn't work, Airdrop only works one way.
My last hack was iMac19,1 and worked perfectly. now using MacPro 7,1
1641204869721.png

1641204882129.png

1641204888673.png

Alright, let's try the complicated version. It's been modified for RP09, but it needs the following ACPI --> Patch:
  • Table Signature: DSDT
  • Find: 5F505453
  • Replace: 58505453
  • Comment: Change _PTS to XPTS
  • Enabled: True (check on)
View attachment 538296
After adding the new SSDT and the ACPI patch, please proceed as follows:
  • Perform cold boot (power down and flip PSU to OFF for 10 seconds).
  • Restart system and log into macOS.
  • Check if Thunderbolt hot plug works.
Please note, however, that some devices will simply not hot plug. As described by @dehjomz, Thunderbolt peripherals that contain Alpine Ridge JHL6240 will not hot plug. But those with JHL6340, Titan Ridge and Goshen Ridge should work.
Unfortunately, the above did not work. Before I performed the above, I had my external TB drive showing on the Desktop. After completing the above (and checking over the changes), I shut the computer down; turn off the PSU switch; and pulled the PSU electric cord. I waited a good 10 seconds (more like 30).

After reconnecting the power, I boot up and Reset NVRAM. Upon reaching the Desktop, I did not have the external TB drive appearing. Removing and reinserting the external TB drive did not show the drive on the Desktop. So, no cold or hot TB on the Desktop.

I removed the above patches and shutdown both the system and the PSU. After ~20-30 seconds, I replugged the power and booted. I reset the NVRAM again. Now I have the TB external drive showing up on the Desktop.

Next, I've downloaded your V5-EFI-076-PRE-Z690-AERO-G and EFI-076-PRE-Z690-AERO-G-V4 EFIs to test.

BTW, a reminder that this discussion is about using a Maple Ridge PCI card with Monterey 12.1 for people following this discussion.

Unfortunately, the above did not work. Before I performed the above, I had my external TB drive showing on the Desktop. After completing the above (and checking over the changes), I shut the computer down; turn off the PSU switch; and pulled the PSU electric cord. I waited a good 10 seconds (more like 30).

After reconnecting the power, I boot up and Reset NVRAM. Upon reaching the Desktop, I did not have the external TB drive appearing. Removing and reinserting the external TB drive did not show the drive on the Desktop. So, no cold or hot TB on the Desktop.

I removed the above patches and shutdown both the system and the PSU. After ~20-30 seconds, I replugged the power and booted. I reset the NVRAM again. Now I have the TB external drive showing up on the Desktop.

Next, I've downloaded your V5-EFI-076-PRE-Z690-AERO-G and EFI-076-PRE-Z690-AERO-G-V4 EFIs to test.

BTW, a reminder that this discussion is about using a Maple Ridge PCI card with Monterey 12.1 for people following this discussion.
If it's convenient and you'd like to give this another try, then we can try the following before giving up:
  • Install GC-Maple Ridge in the middle long slot (RP05)
  • Use the attached SSDT in combination with the ACPI patch from before (rename _PTS to XPTS)
I should mention once again that Thunderbolt devices that contain an on-board Alpine Ridge JHL6240 chip will not work. So it's good to try a variety of Thunderbolt devices, particularly newer ones such as Thunderbolt docks released in the past 2-3 years.

Attachments

• SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-V6.aml
    15 KB · Views: 41
If it's convenient and you'd like to give this another try, then we can try the following before giving up:
  • Install GC-Maple Ridge in the middle long slot (RP05)
  • Use the attached SSDT in combination with the ACPI patch from before (rename _PTS to XPTS)
I should mention once again that Thunderbolt devices that contain an on-board Alpine Ridge JHL6240 chip will not work. So it's good to try a variety of Thunderbolt devices, particularly newer ones such as Thunderbolt docks released in the past 2-3 years.
Ah, to add some context to possible compatibility issues, worth a read-through:
https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/215731443-Apollo-Thunderbolt-Windows-Compatibility

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/205927079-Apollo-Thunderbolt-Mac-Compatibility-

Last edited:
Looks like AMD will release a new card (6500 XT) tomorrow. Will this be supported in the latest macOS ?

My build is:
i9-12900KF
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
Gigabyte RX 580
WD SB750 1TB
64 RAM bus 4400

It stuck on Apple logo and shows "load_init_program attempting to load /sbin/launchd" than it restarts.

How do I fix it ?

Last edited:
My build is:
i9-12900KF
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
Gigabyte RX 580
WD SB750 1TB
64 RAM bus 4400

It stuck on Apple logo and shows "load_init_program attempting to load /sbin/launchd" than it restarts.

How do I fix it ?
Your build is missing the graphics card. What did you try to use here ?

Attachments

• IMG_20181007_120528.jpeg
    IMG_20181007_120528.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back