Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

AirportItlwm 2.1.0 is an improvement and I now have a reliable WIFI connection - no drops. :thumbup:
This driver has come a long way! Now we just need them to iron out the Bluetooth driver…

When OpenCore 0.7.7 is formally released sometime this coming week (most likely on Monday) I’ll test the release candidate of AirportItlwm 2.1.0. But IntelBlutooth has not been updated in some time, and it continues to fail completely. Update: IntelBluetoothFirmware was updated to 2.1.0 yesterday with support for ax210, ax211, ax411, and ac9560! Will test and add them to OpenCore 0.7.7 formal EFI folder in the next day or two.

In my case the boot progress screen goes black for about 5 seconds, which appears to be an artifact of initializing the AMD driver. The boot process itself does not pause during this time; only the screen goes black a bit early.

Good to know. Will add a warning to post 1.
Tried another test with CommanderPro fix with XHCIPortLimit set to true, SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS.aml and USBInjectAll.kext set to enable false. Both of my displays go into power saving mode but everything else is still running - fans, cpu etc. but I cannot come back out of the state it goes into and I have to do a hard system reset after it's stuck.

@CaseySJ, I've been searching for an hour for the latest Maple Ridge SSDT. Please provide the link as my search brain is numb. TIA.

Need more COFFEE!

@CaseySJ, I've been searching for an hour for the latest Maple Ridge SSDT. Please provide the link as my search brain is numb. TIA.

Need more COFFEE!
Please try the attached files:
  • SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05.aml
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
Hot plug may only work for some types of devices, but most devices should work when connected before boot. There is a more advanced version of the SSDT that works in combination with an ACPI patch. I can provide that version if this one does not enable hot plug at all.

Attachments

2.1 KB · Views: 35
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 41
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
Hot plug may only work for some types of devices, but most devices should work when connected before boot. There is a more advanced version of the SSDT that works in combination with an ACPI patch. I can provide that version if this one does not enable hot plug at all.
Interesting...I plugged my external TB3 drive into the Maple Ridge card. Rebooted before adding the SSDTs. Low and behold, after booting, the external TB3 drive appeared on the Desktop. Ejected the TB3 drive...yep, no hot plug.

Now to install the SSDTs and reboot.

Update: TB3 drive did not appear upon reboot, nor does hot plug work. So, I will remove the two SSDTs for now.

Last edited:
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
TBP3 shows up under RP09 with Maple Ridge card. Filter for Apollo Twin.
Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 13.15.18.png

Attachments

• Z690-AERO-G-DDR4_TBP3_RP09.iojones
    4.7 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
@Stork,

In which slot is the Maple Ridge card installed? Middle or bottom long slot? The SSDT I provided assumes middle slot (RP05).

Currently enjoying a fresh latté (ah, it’s nice to be back from the holidays) so I’ll provide the uber complicated version soon.

Interesting...I plugged my external TB3 drive into the Maple Ridge card. Rebooted before adding the SSDTs. Low and behold, after booting, the external TB3 drive appeared on the Desktop. Ejected the TB3 drive...yep, no hot plug.

Now to install the SSDTs and reboot.

Update: TB3 drive did not appear upon reboot, nor does hot plug work. So, I will remove the two SSDTs for now.
Removed the two SSDTs and my TB drive is no longer upon the Desktop when rebooted.

@Stork,

In which slot is the Maple Ridge card installed? Middle or bottom long slot? The SSDT I provided assumes middle slot (RP05).

Currently enjoying a fresh latté (ah, it’s nice to be back from the holidays) so I’ll provide the uber complicated version soon.
Bottom (last slot). In IOReg I found the card's location was RP09. I changed your SSDT accordingly, but to no avail.

I'm still using @StefanAM's EFI that he posted here. I can try one of your EFI adding my Platform info. (Which one?) I will then change the location of the Maple Ridge card.

COFFEE!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Removed the two SSDTs and my TB drive is no longer upon the Desktop when rebooted.

Bottom (last slot). In IOReg I found the card's location was RP09. I changed your SSDT accordingly, but to no avail.

COFFEE!! :thumbup:
Alright, let's try the complicated version. It's been modified for RP09, but it needs the following ACPI --> Patch:
  • Table Signature: DSDT
  • Find: 5F505453
  • Replace: 58505453
  • Comment: Change _PTS to XPTS
  • Enabled: True (check on)
Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 12.49.14 PM.png

After adding the new SSDT and the ACPI patch, please proceed as follows:
  • Perform cold boot (power down and flip PSU to OFF for 10 seconds).
  • Restart system and log into macOS.
  • Check if Thunderbolt hot plug works.
Please note, however, that some devices will simply not hot plug. As described by @dehjomz, Thunderbolt peripherals that contain Alpine Ridge JHL6240 will not hot plug. But those with JHL6340, Titan Ridge and Goshen Ridge should work.

Attachments

• SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-V6.aml
    15 KB · Views: 41
Alright, let's try the complicated version. It's been modified for RP09, but it needs the following ACPI --> Patch:
  • Table Signature: DSDT
  • Find: 5F505453
  • Replace: 58505453
  • Comment: Change _PTS to XPTS
  • Enabled: True (check on)
View attachment 538296
After adding the new SSDT and the ACPI patch, please proceed as follows:
  • Perform cold boot (power down and flip PSU to OFF for 10 seconds).
  • Restart system and log into macOS.
  • Check if Thunderbolt hot plug works.
Please note, however, that some devices will simply not hot plug. As described by @dehjomz, Thunderbolt peripherals that contain Alpine Ridge JHL6240 will not hot plug. But those with JHL6340, Titan Ridge and Goshen Ridge should work.
Didn't work for me.

Doesn't IGPU need to be enabled or compatible for it to work? That's the case with my z170-Deluxe, didn't work unless integrated graphics was fuctional.

Last edited:
Back