Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Yup, tried that; 0.8.3 and 0.8.9. Neither work.
Could it be a BIOS issue? Which version are you on?

Also, what is the make/model of every NVMe SSD in the system?

Could it be a BIOS issue? Which version are you on?

Also, what is the make/model of every NVMe SSD in the system?
I'm on BIOS F8.

I'm using a Kingston 32gb USB drive for the installer:

I've got a PCIE SSD installed overtop the Wifi/Bluetooth card (the only slot on the motherboard that allows PCIE to connect). However, I use this drive a shared ExFat drive between Mac and Windows (I have drives completely disconnected from power through an internal power switch control like this). The windows drive doesn't interfere with MacOS ever when I boot.

I've tried getting an old SATA 64GB Sandisk Drive to potentially install Ventura on as well as a SATA 2.5" WD Blue 500gb HDD, and still nothing. I don't use any NVME's to install Mac OS onto. The drive that got updated to Ventura is a 250gb WD Blue 2.5".

I've attached a couple photos of the error messages im getting when trying to load the Ventura installer. One using 0.8.3 and the other 0.8.9

Attachments

• 20230331_021512.jpg
    20230331_021512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20230331_022946.jpg
    20230331_022946.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'm on BIOS F8.

I'm using a Kingston 32gb USB drive for the installer:

I've got a PCIE SSD installed overtop the Wifi/Bluetooth card (the only slot on the motherboard that allows PCIE to connect). However, I use this drive a shared ExFat drive between Mac and Windows (I have drives completely disconnected from power through an internal power switch control like this). The windows drive doesn't interfere with MacOS ever when I boot.

I've tried getting an old SATA 64GB Sandisk Drive to potentially install Ventura on as well as a SATA 2.5" WD Blue 500gb HDD, and still nothing. I don't use any NVME's to install Mac OS onto. The drive that got updated to Ventura is a 250gb WD Blue 2.5".

I've attached a couple photos of the error messages im getting when trying to load the Ventura installer. One using 0.8.3 and the other 0.8.9
Oh, this problem can be fixed by using OpenCore 0.9.0. We cannot install macOS 13.3 on Intel 12th and 13th processors using any previous version of OpenCore.

I am thinknig of doing this build, and I was curious if there was another Motherboard that has an on-board Thunderbolt controller? That could be used with the EFIs here.

Or is it better to stick with the add-on card option?

I am thinknig of doing this build, and I was curious if there was another Motherboard that has an on-board Thunderbolt controller? That could be used with the EFIs here.

Or is it better to stick with the add-on card option?
For the best Thunderbolt reliability on Hackintosh, an add-on GC-Titan Ridge with flashed firmware is recommended. Thunderbolt on Hackintosh is not perfect, but this is as good as it gets.

For the best Thunderbolt reliability on Hackintosh, an add-on GC-Titan Ridge with flashed firmware is recommended. Thunderbolt on Hackintosh is not perfect, but this is as good as it gets.

Thank you, and I guess the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G is still a great option if adding a GC Titan Ridge Card?

Thank you, and I guess the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G is still a great option if adding a GC Titan Ridge Card?
I think so. It would be advisable to use older BIOS such as the version in Post 1 (BIOS section) with 12th Gen CPU. However, 13th Gen can also be used with newer BIOS — but in this case please read the last 2 months of posts in this thread to get a good sense of the possible issues and how to solve them.

I think so. It would be advisable to use older BIOS such as the version in Post 1 (BIOS section) with 12th Gen CPU. However, 13th Gen can also be used with newer BIOS — but in this case please read the last 2 months of posts in this thread to get a good sense of the possible issues and how to solve them.

That is great thank you, I have been following the issues arising from the later BIOS versions.

I will read through some more and may end up going for it.

Oh, this problem can be fixed by using OpenCore 0.9.0. We cannot install macOS 13.3 on Intel 12th and 13th processors using any previous version of OpenCore.
Thank you! It worked! But now my Bluetooth is really messed up; I can see other devices, but it won't connect them. Additionally, I can't seem to turn bluetooth back on if I turn it off once. I am using the AirportItlwm 2.2.0-Alpha kext (Ventura version). Bluetooth was 'fine' in Monterey with the v2.1.0 stable release.

Thank you! It worked! But now my Bluetooth is really messed up; I can see other devices, but it won't connect them. Additionally, I can't seem to turn bluetooth back on if I turn it off once. I am using the AirportItlwm 2.2.0-Alpha kext (Ventura version). Bluetooth was 'fine' in Monterey with the v2.1.0 stable release.
Please see this note at the top of Post 1:

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 7.44.04 AM.png

Back