Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@brixx noted on Pg 226 one upgrade issue for newer BIOS versions that may fix your issue

'For newer BIOS you need: booter - SetupVirtualMap set to ON, maybe that's the problem''

This worked for me upgrading from F7 to F22. Had to remove my NVME, put it in an external enclosure, edit my config.plist, and reinstall / reboot, booted right up on F22
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
It didn't work, setup virtual map was already true.

I went back to Bios v. F6 and I am writing this in Safari v. 16.3 within Ventura 13.2.1, OpenCore 0.9.0. What am I missing running F6 vs. F22?

Last edited:
So you're not using Re-size support then?
Yep, seems enabling it on F22 for me will have issue in sleeping, but since I mainly drive macOS so not enabling it should not make a difference.

Does anyone know how to get Wake on LAN to work from sleep? Under Ventura, the "Wake for network access" option in "Energy Saver" is missing.

Does anyone know how to get Wake on LAN to work from sleep? Under Ventura, the "Wake for network access" option in "Energy Saver" is missing.
The option still exists in Ventura.
  • Does your i225-V connect and communicate properly in Ventura?
  • Is Wake on LAN disabled in BIOS?
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 7.47.25 AM.png

Yep, seems enabling it on F22 for me will have issue in sleeping, but since I mainly drive macOS so not enabling it should not make a difference.
My system sleeps with Re-size bar enabled on F22. :confused:

The option still exists in Ventura.
  • Does your i225-V connect and communicate properly in Ventura?
  • Is Wake on LAN disabled in BIOS?
My I225-V is working properly. Wake on LAN is enabled. The strange thing is when I boot to Monterey using a 2nd SSD, I have the "Wake for Network" access and it's working fine. The problem is the option is missing when I boot to Ventura. It's the same EFI folder that I used to boot to both Monterey & Ventura which means the only difference are the OS themselves.

Ventura:
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 7.22.59 PM.png

Monterey:
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 7.14.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 7.32.14 PM.png

My I225-V is working properly. Wake on LAN is enabled. The strange thing is when I boot to Monterey using a 2nd SSD, I have the "Wake for Network" access and it's working fine. The problem is the option is missing when I boot to Ventura. It's the same EFI folder that I used to boot to both Monterey & Ventura which means the only difference are the OS themselves.

Ventura:

Monterey:
Two suggestions:
  1. Try deleting the following file in Ventura, then reboot. The file will be re-created.
    Bash:
    cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
    sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
  2. We can also boot into Ventura's Recovery partition from OpenCore boot picker (press spacebar when boot picker appears), then reinstall Ventura over the existing installation
    • Make a full Ventura backup before doing this

Two suggestions:
  1. Try deleting the following file in Ventura, then reboot. The file will be re-created.
    Bash:
    cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
    sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
  2. We can also boot into Ventura's Recoverypartition from OpenCore boot picker (press spacebar when boot picker appears), then reinstall Ventura over the existing installation
    • Make a full Ventura backup before doing this
I had tried to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist before, but it didn't make any difference. However, I just tried to load the itlwm module to enable WiFi and the "Wake for Network Access" now appeared. Unfortunately, the LEDs on the ethernet port is still off which means I can't wake it up from sleep via network. I also tried to wake from WiFi interface, it also didn't work. Reinstalling Ventura will be my last resort only if nothing else works.

Back