Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

If you're using the Broadcom BCM94360NG, we recommend disabling these kexts:
  • BlueToolFixup
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM3
Also, does the problem occur if only 1 monitor is connected?
I've disabled those, no Bluetooth issues. That would be an easy test. I'll try that.

It still has the issue with 1 monitor. I'll mess around with it to see if I can get it to work. If not, it's not the worst thing that can happen.

Last edited:
I’ve had some problems with sleep as well. my machine will sleep, and I will be sitting upstairs and my watch will buzz that the Mac has been unlocked with the watch, which is hilarious since I am used to it complaining about the signal being too week.

Checking the logs I never see anything that makes me think it’s the reason, so I just lock the screen instead of sleeping it most of the time. Wakes up faster that way anyway

Mike

Special note for 4K Displays with AMD dGPUs:
  • Some displays may fail to wake randomly, mainly caused by AGDC preferences. To fix, apply this to your dGPU in DeviceProperties:
    • CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC | Data | 00
    • You can find the PciRoot of your GPU with gfxutil
(opens new window)
  • /path/to/gfxutil -f GFX0
I have a Dell P2715Q 4K monitor. This "beast" won't cooperate on wake-up from sleep. I have to pull the power plug, wait 30 seconds and reinsert the plug each before I wake up my system. I've tried every monitor menu fix on both tonymacx86 and from Internet searches to no joy.

Here is my config.plist DeviceProperties:
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.57.50 AM.png

How do I apply the "CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC | Data | 00"?

I’ve had some problems with sleep as well.

please trying.
Is this board working correctly with the posted EFI? I don't need hotplug on the Thunderbolt 4 connections. I just need it to work when it's connected from boot.

I have a Dell P2715Q 4K monitor. This "beast" won't cooperate on wake-up from sleep. I have to pull the power plug, wait 30 seconds and reinsert the plug each before I wake up my system. I've tried every monitor menu fix on both tonymacx86 and from Internet searches to no joy.

View attachment 542606

Samsung Odyssey g9 has no issue on hack.

Last edited:

View attachment 542606

I had the very same problem with mine. The Asus Art Pro had no problem waking up as the primary, but I had to pull the plug on the Dell. Changing the cable from HDMI to DisplayPort solved the problem, but I don’t know why.

I had the very same problem with mine. The Asus Art Pro had no problem waking up as the primary, but I had to pull the plug on the Dell. Changing the cable from HDMI to DisplayPort solved the problem, but I don’t know why.
Unfortunately, I'm not so lucky...I'm using DisplayPort via a DP KVM switch. I've got a newer KVM switch back ordered.

But, I have to get @fvklies to tell me how to mod the config.plist DeviceProperties to see I can over come this problem. Otherwise, I'll probably get an LG 32" 4K monitor.

Unfortunately, I'm not so lucky...I'm using DisplayPort via a DP KVM switch. I've got a newer KVM switch back ordered.

But, I have to get @fvklies to tell me how to mod the config.plist DeviceProperties to see I can over come this problem. Otherwise, I'll probably get an LG 32" 4K monitor.
I had some issue when wake up monitor last month, fixed the issue by switch to a new HDMI cable instead of using the hdmi cable come with monitor.

Back