Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 U1H Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 U1H Bios testing

The UEFI DSDT is very different from the BIOS version. I have done some testing with the beta version for my Z68XP-UD3 and know what edits to make once they are released.

In the meantime you can user HDAEnabler to inject audio device info without a DSDT. The only thing is it is only for the onboard audio and doesn't support HDMI audio.

if you OC, you might get better results at changing the turbo values and setting them all to the max OC you want instead of just changing the multiplier.

MacMan said:
The UEFI DSDT is very different from the BIOS version. I have done some testing with the beta version for my Z68XP-UD3 and know what edits to make once they are released.

In the meantime you can user HDAEnabler to inject audio device info without a DSDT. The only thing is it is only for the onboard audio and doesn't support HDMI audio.

Ah! useful little snippet! :)

ric0h said:
packrobottom said:
I have the same board and revision and U1h is leaps and bounds better than any of the previous bioses. I no longer have to use a DSDT my machine boots much faster and sleep and shutdown and restart work natively. (previously the bios took longer to boot than my install on ssd) I would highly recommend anyone with this board to upgrade.

Here is a video my my boot time
OSx is rocket stable at 4.5 gig. The bios is alot better to navigate and is much quicker.

http://f.cl.ly/items/1m2V0F3M1N0C1z0O3D ... 20iPad.m4v

What SSDT are you using with the overclocked CPU? I was unable to get my i7-2600k working @ 4.2ghz with speed step having anything more than a single x16 multiplier.

What bootloader options are you using?

I'm not I have SSDT turned on in bios. I just run at 4.5 the entire time.
U1h bios= Achi, 45x multiplier ram @1600 turbo mode disabled and power states disabled. Basically my hack is vanilla besides fakesmc and HDAenabler since the uefi bios doesn't have audio. sleep,restart,shutdown, Firewire and usb on wake all work perfectly. Sleep was buggy before this bios.

I am still getting FireWire errors on USB if I leave the 1394 enabled in the bios (UEFI). I don't have any firewire device to test, if they work or not regardless to the error messages displayed.

Those console messages were present with award BIOS as well previously.

packrobottom said:
I'm not I have SSDT turned on in bios. I just run at 4.5 the entire time.
U1h bios= Achi, 45x multiplier ram @1600 turbo mode disabled and power states disabled. Basically my hack is vanilla besides fakesmc and HDAenabler since the uefi bios doesn't have audio. sleep,restart,shutdown, Firewire and usb on wake all work perfectly. Sleep was buggy before this bios.

Could you check your console to see if you are getting any error messages in re: firewire?

** One other thing I realised is, with Z68x-UD3H-B3 motherboard LEDs stay on always, could anyone verify this is the case with their boards as well if you have the UEFI BIOS flashed?

Thanks!

ric0h said:
The main concern with U1H UEFI bios is that it lacks proper Audio definition, any ideas how we can add correct dsdt data to the DSDT information coming from UEFI? Would partial DSDT with audio only info work?
Thought I'd pass this along. Parallels 7 worked perfectly with F12, but with U1h consistently crashes 10.7.4 when trying to open any win 7 or xp vm created back with F12 bios or any new ones I try to create now. Tried reinstalling Parallels, etc. but nothing seems to work. Of course, haven't reported this since they have no way to respond to what happens using a beta bios.

Otherwise, except for sleep, and slow Geekbench score, 10.7.4 is stable.

have you tried simply creating a new VM? or does it crash before it even launches?

SG- said:
have you tried simply creating a new VM? or does it crash before it even launches?
Crashes before it launches.

Hackint0sh with parallers !? why not Dual boot.. ? :eek:

moviemakergr said:
Hackint0sh with parallers !? why not Dual boot.. ? :eek:
Sounds like circular reasoning, doesn't it? Nevertheless, the reason I use it is so I can quickly launch a vm when someone calls for support on that particular platform or if I need to do a single task that requires a windows environment. Otherwise, I stay in OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back