Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Yosemite Spinning Beachball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear you have it cleaned up...

Good Luck...!

Well, progress as in I can now start booting without the usb key, but a setback as in it does the same thing as before. I can boot in safe mode, but regular boot just gives me a spinning beachball.

Well, progress as in I can now start booting without the usb key, but a setback as in it does the same thing as before. I can boot in safe mode, but regular boot just gives me a spinning beachball.

You have a Core I7-2600 Processor and it have the Intel HD 2000 processor graphics.

HD2000's full graphics accelerations is not possible on OS X (i.e., CI/QE)

If you have a Graphics Card it will be better.

You have a Core I7-2600 Processor and it have the Intel HD 2000 processor graphics.

HD2000's full graphics accelerations is not possible on OS X (i.e., CI/QE)

If you have a Graphics Card it will be better.

Ha. You know, the funny thing is.. I heard it was a bit of work to get AMD cards working, so in an effort to make things easier, I took out my R9 280X. I figured I would get it working with onboard and then figure out the GPU later.

After reading this, I put my card back in and OS X booted right up. I am now happily dual booting Yosemite and Windows 8.1 with my GPU working fine!

Thanks for all your help. :headbang:

Ha. You know, the funny thing is.. I heard it was a bit of work to get AMD cards working, so in an effort to make things easier, I took out my R9 280X. I figured I would get it working with onboard and then figure out the GPU later.

After reading this, I put my card back in and OS X booted right up. I am now happily dual booting Yosemite and Windows 8.1 with my GPU working fine!

Thanks for all your help. :headbang:

There is no problem for enabling nativley supported ATI/AMD Graphics Cards on OS X. Your R9-280X is one of the natively supported card on OS X. No need of extra works/injections.

Good Luck...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back