Graphics
OnBoard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys. I'm trying to setup my first Hackintosh. I used Unibeast to install, but after the install, I get nothing but a grey background and a spinning beachball. I never get to the creating an account part.

Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: Sandybridge Core i7 2600
RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 PC3-10700
HDD: Kingston 120GB SSD Now

I upgraded my Bios to the UEFI U1C. I set it to optimized defaults and then turned off VT-d and Virtualization.

I created the key in a Yosemite VMware VM. I tried once with just the defaults and once choosing legacy mode.

I unplugged every device except the USB key and a keyboard and mouse.

I tried installing to a Seagate 500GB rotating HDD.

Nothing works. The install completes, then I reboot and boot from the key again and choose the OSX install that I just created. The apple logo comes up with a progress bar underneath. It goes 1/2 way and then a grey background loads and a mouse cursor appears. After a few seconds, the cursor changes to a spinning beachball and it never goes further than that. I've waited 20 minutes for 4 different fresh installs.

I would love some help. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: Sandybridge Core i7 2600
RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 PC3-10700
HDD: Kingston 120GB SSD Now

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

Hey Guys. I'm trying to setup my first Hackintosh. I used Unibeast to install, but after the install, I get nothing but a grey background and a spinning beachball. I never get to the creating an account part.

I upgraded my Bios to the UEFI U1C. I set it to optimized defaults and then turned off VT-d and Virtualization.

I created the key in a Yosemite VMware VM. I tried once with just the defaults and once choosing legacy mode.

I unplugged every device except the USB key and a keyboard and mouse.

I tried installing to a Seagate 500GB rotating HDD.

Nothing works. The install completes, then I reboot and boot from the key again and choose the OSX install that I just created. The apple logo comes up with a progress bar underneath. It goes 1/2 way and then a grey background loads and a mouse cursor appears. After a few seconds, the cursor changes to a spinning beachball and it never goes further than that. I've waited 20 minutes for 4 different fresh installs.

I would love some help. Thanks in advance.

Are you using on board graphics??

Try booting with -f.

How do I do that? :crazy:

According to this link I don't need to set any boot flags, but he is not using onboard graphics.

-f is using for ignoring the caches.

Once you reach the Chimera boot loader screen select you OS X partition to start booting, before pressing enter just type -f then press enter.

-f is using for ignoring the caches.

Once you reach the Chimera boot loader screen select you OS X partition to start booting, before pressing enter just type -f then press enter.

Thanks for the quick reply. That didn't help. Same thing.

Ya. I used a virtual machine.

Boot with flag -v -x.

If the screen stuck with any messages on the screen, then post a clear photo of the entire screen.

If it is turning to grey/black wait for some time (~2-3 Mins).

Boot with flag -v -x.

If the screen stuck with any messages on the screen, then post a clear photo of the entire screen.

If it is turning to grey/black wait for some time (~2-3 Mins).

Awesome. That is progress anyway. I was able to create an account and am currently running MultiBeast. Thank you so much for your help! I'll post the rest of the progress.

Awesome. That is progress anyway. I was able to create an account and am currently running MultiBeast. Thank you so much for your help! I'll post the rest of the progress.

Good to hear you have it cleaned up...

Good Luck...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back