Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX6502GB (100% working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, DigitALL

NP, I know the 1ub is not longer on the gigabyte site.. but glad it worked out for you
P.S. I had issues with the new 1c bios.. as well so i went back to 1ub too

But from experience 1ub is better then 1c cuz ic is beta its even written in red on their site..

hi

(1) what is the problem do you have with u1b firmware
(2) what Wifi card are you using

thanks

Hey Folks 10.9.2 is here updated it works fine everything is works Audio / Video / Sleep Etc..
How to install ?

-Simply repair permissions and kexts
-Downloaded combo update
-install update it will ask to reboot while rebooting it installs the updates
-Comp reboots log back in to mac re intall audio alc889 for this mobo re enable trim and reboot and your done

Method 1 (Terminal repair permission)
repair system permissions first
open terminal and paste this command below it will ask u for a Su password (Super root) is administrator pass in osx if you have never used it before then you can make one and then paste this command again to to repair permissions

STEP1- sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Method 2 for the (lazy man / women)
Go to the following: on the top where the home button etc is

Downloads → tonymacx86 Downloads → Community Software → Kext Utility
go to cvad site and download the utility (Ive also attached it in the attachments below)
simply open it and put your computer password and it will fix permissions for you easy peazy

STEP2-(How I did it) I repaired permissions then installed combo update, which rebooted pc then I installed the audio kext, re enabled trim and repaired permissions again and rebooted

-LASTLY DONT FORGET TO RE-ENABLE TRIM FOR SSD DRIVES(IF DISABLED)

Attachments

• ALC889 NODSDT.mb
    904 bytes · Views: 182
  • Kext_Utility.app.v2.5.7.zip
    272 KB · Views: 140
Multibeast 6.2 Has Audio / other kext Issues?

May users are having issues with their audio kexts...
-Some experienced audio not working after sleep / wake cycle
-Some after reboot etc..

Current Fix.. do not use multibeast 6.2 to update audio to 10.9.2 instead Revert / install audio for ALC 889 from multibeast 6.1 to 10.9.1 this works fine

Ill update this thread when i hear more information on a fix :D

Update: [May-16-2014]
Multibeast 6.2.2 After waking from sleep audio was missing but i put the computer in sleep and woke it up a second time and sound returned ?

Awesome!
Did you use this guide to flash your BIOS to UEFI?
Thinking about upgrading to your patched U1b using that mentioned method but I am worried about bricking my board.

Hey thats a nice guide you can use that if your comfortable with terminal or use the alternative use windows to create a bootable usb stick.. Windows is a bit more easier as there is no command line method involved.. anyway its your preference here is the guide its used to do the windows method

Steps Required: Windows machine + usb stick ur willing to format to dos u can reformat after..

You will need a windows computer / windows virtual machine (u can make one using vmware fussion / parallels) to make a dos usb bootable stick
go to this site and follow it its simple doesn't get any easier then this

http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm

after you have created the bootable usb disk download the bios file from the post extract it inside there are three files drag them to the usb (in the root dir) and then boot your PC turn it on push f12 select the usb stick then it will boot to to C:> then type autoexec.bat it will flash your bios for you. after that re apply the proper bios settings

Enable AHCI
Disable Intel Virtualization Technology
Disable VT-D(if your cpu supports it) Not all do if you dont have it dont worry about it

Thats all and boot your PC and OSX should be fine

Note: You wont brick your PC make sure you have the revision 1.3 thats all. Most people who brick a bios are people who install the wrong bios for the wrong board this bios.. make sure your board is version 1.3.

Also this bios is modded ive added the windows 2.1 slic too so that if you install any windows 7 ver from home pro or ultimate it will auto activate it if its a oem disk.

GL

I don't have Windoze on my systems, so I use this easy method to update my BIOS.
:ch: Download Stuffit Expander (the free version);
:ch: Download the BIOS exe file;
:ch: Format a USB Thumb Drive using FAT32;
:ch: Run Stuffit Expander and unpack the BIOS exe file;
:ch: Copy the the unpacked BIOS file to the USB Thumb Drive;
:ch: Reboot into the BIOS and use the BIOS Updater feature (QFlash for Gigabyte motherboards).​
Enjoy your updated BIOS.

Stork,

I have a thread open in the Maverick desktop support and the SSDT forums.

2600k running on z68x-ud5-b3 was working on SnowLeop for couple years.

Did clean install of Mav on new Samsung EVO SSD.

Getting multiple versions of CPUPowerManagement issue.

Used MB6.2 with Lnx2Mac network, ALC889audio, USB3, and basic settings. Used DSDT for F10 bios, the last version for the board.

No SSDT (know nothing about them), did not use NullPower setting.

Can I try a DSDT free setup without reinstalling everything? This should be similar to your Zorro setup, yes?

lucky777s,
I responded to your thread.

Hi to answer your questions?

Step 1-I would update to uefi bios and use the proper settings ( much better then f9/regular bios) it fixes and updates board with previous issues

Step 2- Install the GT430 "use flags "GraphicsEnabler=Yes and delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (when inside mavericks)
See if this helps..

Note: you can also boot using -v flag and see if some kext(Driver) displays errors thats how you can tell what the cause of your freeze may be? also if ur use a DSDT that could also be causing issues.. ie your 10.8.5 one for mavericks ?..

Hope the following helps: GL

I am having the same issue with freezing about 60 seconds after booting up into Mavericks after the multibeast install. This is a fresh install, with no additional peripherals (ie I'm using the onboard video). I used your multibeast settings exactly. The only difference is I don't have the UEFI bios. My board is rev 1.0 so I don't believe I can upgrade to UEFI. I'm on f10 for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back