Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650 (working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that Yosemite works pretty well on the following setup:

- Z68MA-D2H-B3
- intel i5 2500K
- integrated Intel HD3000 graphics
- onboard sound

I did a fresh install on a separate hard drive.

Any flag for your configuration?? My computer is same, but I can´t install yosemite.

Sorry for my english.

thank

Audio fix
Use this app and use the latest audio kext and keep resetting or use audio from Multibeast 6.1 which has no issues so far
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=208

For me audio stops working when i am watching youtube videos or a movie in vlc and etc.. here is a fix
Well, its not exactly the fix I was looking for but it works for me for now.

using this app basically just automatically resets the appleHDA.kext each time you wake from sleep.

Credits: Creator https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases/tag/v1.6.0 [Michael Clifford]

Attachments

• Reset.Audio.zip
    272.1 KB · Views: 132
Temp Broken Audio Fix:

For me audio stops working when i am watching youtube videos or a movie in vlc and etc.. here is a fix
Well, its not exactly the fix I was looking for but it works for me for now.

using this app basically just automatically resets the appleHDA.kext each time you wake from sleep.

Credits: Creator https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases/tag/v1.6.0 [Michael Clifford]

Using audio from Multibeast 6.1 works here.

I can confirm also that everything works using this guide on 1c bios. Only difference i used MultiBeast 6.1 audio, Apple acpiplatform.kext rollback and didn't need evoreboot.

I can confirm also that everything works using this guide on 1c bios. Only difference i used MultiBeast 6.1 audio, Apple acpiplatform.kext rollback and didn't need evoreboot.

Good to know it works i only used evoreboot as my computers wouldnt shutdown they would go to a black screen..
-1 question does your computer auto sleep and wake work??

Good to know it works i only used evoreboot as my computers wouldnt shutdown they would go to a black screen..
-1 question does your computer auto sleep and wake work??

Everything works OK. The motherboard revision is 1 and the bios is the newest EFI.

Why I use clover
I use Clover because it allows me to create an OS X recovery partition, and it allows UEFI booting (Faster boot times). Also, when I update the software for minor revisions, the kexts stay installed, so there are no steps to install drivers post upgrade. In addition, Clover is installed to the EFI partition, so there is no need to reinstall the bootloader after a major upgrade. To upgrade to OS X 10.11, for example, one would just need to download and run the updater from the Mac App Store. Easy peasy! This is how I installed it.

So Basically Install OSX using tonys guide however when you install drivers and boot loader its a bit different so here is the options used in multibeast you install all the drivers and when installing audio u have one extra thing select optional efi bootloader support

How to install clover bootloader
First download the latest version of clover: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

First, reformat the EFI partition on your hard drive. This won’t erase any data that you have on your computer. To do this:
Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
Type: diskutil list to list your partitions. Find the EFI partition, which is on your boot drive. For me, this was disk0s1.
Type the following, making sure to replace disk0s1 with your EFI identifier found in step 2, enter password, and hit return:

Code: sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

once this is done you can exit terminal and install clover via the downloaded file
open it and choose the options i have selected.. also the theme part u can pick which ever u wish :)
once you have installed clover you are not done yet :p there are some files that need to be placed in some folders
Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ and replace the config.plist file with the one attached to this post. This is a custom built configuration file for this build.

Next Copy the following 3 kexts from /System/Library/Extensions/ FakeSMC.kext,AppleHDA.kext,RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ (Note 10.10 folder if its not there create one)
I have attached these in the attachments below :p or you can use ur own from your computer
once you have done all of this your finally done :D reboot you can go to the bios and you may set priority drive to boot via UEFI if you want

Here's what you need to do to get the right smbios and proper definitions for your machine and to get messages working:

I recommend downloading Clover Configurator to do all the following changes.
Step 1) Open my config.plist file in Clover Configurator.
Step 2) Under SMBIOS click the magic wand to change system definitions.
Step 3) Click magic wand. Click the logo of the definition you want. Select which ever definition is closest to your specs. I have chosen iMac (14,2) system definition as random and "shake" the two values under serial generator. Click okay. Copy serial number to this https://getsupport.apple.com/ProductSelector.action and make sure it isn't in use. It should identify as an iMac and give two options for support but that's it. Generate another serial if it's in use. Save and restart.
Step 4) Download this from my attachments iMessageDebugv2.zip to find out your ROM (en0) and MLB (Board Serial Number) values.
Step 5) Copy and paste your generated board serial number into the "Board Serial Number" in the SMBIOS and under the MLB box in the Rt Variables section. Copy and paste ROM value into ROM box under Rt Variables Section.
Step 6) Open the terminal and generate a new UUID using the uuidgen command. Copy and paste this in the SmUUID box in the SMBIOS section. Replace the last 12 digits with your ROM value. Also make sure "Inject System ID" is checked in the System parameters section. Save and reboot.
Step 7) You should be good to go! Try logging into iMessage and it should work flawlessly. If it doesn't, go back and double check to make sure your numbers were copied correctly.
NOTE:
Also, as others have pointed out. Ethernet MUST be en0 and wifi must be en1. Under About This Mac>System Report...>Ethernet Cards>BSD name: en0. Wifi interface must be en1. If they aren't then remove all networking interfaces in network preferences, apply settings, and delete Library>Preferences>System Configuration>NetworkInterfaces.plist. Empty trash and reboot. , please follow these steps to a t and they should work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 5.50.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 5.50.46 PM.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 607
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 5.51.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 5.51.14 PM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 417
  • sam1.mb
    5.4 KB · Views: 200
  • sam2.mb
    1 KB · Views: 240
  • config.plist