Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Your USB key is fine? (successful creation)
Did you try to format again the SSD before installing?
I have several USB and I believe all just fine, I use as usual this command to create USB:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sonoma.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sonoma.app --nointeraction

maybe something wrong with my SAMSUNG 970 Plus SSD 250GB NVMe M.2 Internal I have no idea:(

Did you check that? Not sure it helps though...

@MacArthur
we have the same board Z490 Vision-D
Could you please tell me if your board can start from USB without adding a working EFI
Because after creating the USB I couldn't boot from the USB and I need to put my working EFI file there to be able to start from USB.

MacArthur thanks for the link!

What SSD NVMe do you use?

Its very strange, because never had a problem with Samsung NVMe and I using it about 5 years on macOS
Well, after what I read about SSD compatibility, I’m really now thinking about purchasing a new SSD NVMe.
For example this one: WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD

Last edited:
Lexar SSD 2To and Addlink 2To. Never had any issue...
What do you think about: WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD
It's great price right now on Amazon only 89$
the geat also Lexar NM790 SSD with Heatsink 1TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Drive also 89$ now

Last edited:
What do you think about: WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD
It's great price right now on Amazon only 89$
the geat also Lexar NM790 SSD with Heatsink 1TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Drive also 89$ now
WD drives are recommended.

WD drives are recommended.
Finally got a new WD SN850X NVMe, but unfortunately still can't install Sonoma (full installer), the installation stops on 25% with: 'An error occurred preparing the software update'

System:
Z490 Vision D
AMD Radeon VII
i9-10900K
G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3600

Update
I don't understand why, but it was the RAM> 'G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB' that was causing the updates problem. I never had any problems with this great RAM over the last 3 years.

I replaced it with 'Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz', installed Big Sur first and then upgrade smoothly to the latest Sonoma, then I replaced it again with 'G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 64GB', restored everything from the time machine and voila everything now runs great:)

Attachments

• imac.png
    imac.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back