Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ I have noticed that for a while now when I boot the system, it takes a very long time. more than a minute. It used to be quick but not sure what happened. It started after an OC update and at the same time the software update from ther SW centre started failing (I can't use it anymore, keeps failing. Have to use the full installer from the appstore each time). What is the command to check what is taking some much time during the boot process?
Thanks.

@CaseySJ I have noticed that for a while now when I boot the system, it takes a very long time. more than a minute. It used to be quick but not sure what happened. It started after an OC update and at the same time the software update from ther SW centre started failing (I can't use it anymore, keeps failing. Have to use the full installer from the appstore each time). What is the command to check what is taking some much time during the boot process?
Thanks.
what make and model nvme/ssd do you have?

@emistral,

To check if “trim” is taking a long time during boot, type the following in Terminal:
Code:
log show --last boot | grep ”trims took”

Is this still happening?
Make sure that your config.plist has the boot argument "-revpatch=sbvmm".
I've also recently going only to a full installer as the error during preparation of the upgrade was so frequent, but not this time. After many repeated attempts, the update finally happened, but after that the system is unstable:(
Also for some reason the OpenCore boot menu showed the boot drive as 'Sonoma - data - data':( how to fix this?

@emistral,

To check if “trim” is taking a long time during boot, type the following in Terminal:
Code:
log show --last boot | grep ”trims took”
That's what I got:

2023-12-06 22:34:20.171438+1100 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3674: disk3 scan took 11.930057 s, trims took 11.048985 s

2023-12-06 22:34:28.069464+1100 0xa7f Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3674: disk4 scan took 0.211134 s, trims took 0.127042 s

since I can’t install Sonoma on Z490-D using the full installer, I decided to upgrade the BIOS to version F22 Jun 13, 2023
I wonder if any one has already updated Bios to version F22?
Will it be possible to reverse to the previous Bios F20 if something go south?

Last edited:
NO
Since F21 "Introduce capsule BIOS support starting this version.
Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns. "

Last edited:
NO
Since F21 "Introduce capsule BIOS support starting this version.
Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns. "
Thanks MacArthur, then I'll stay on F20.

I used Sonoma the past 6 month and every time successfully updated the Sonoma via full installer, but now I have completely remove Sonoma and trying to fresh install.

I don't know what happened, but I can't able a fresh install using the USB full installer Sonoma or even Ventura, I keep getting an error: 'An error occurred preparing the software update':banghead:

Last edited:
Back