Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Let's try this:
  • Boot into Sonoma and mount the EFI partition of your backup (SATA) drive
  • Open a Finder window and show the EFI folder with a couple of sub-folders expanded as shown:
View attachment 572280
Here it is:
1696062860039.png

It is currently a 1:1 copy of the partition of the original disk. However, for a long time I did not have any EFI content on the backup disk at all, but instead used backup USB for this (the EFI part). In the past, this had no effect on whether the disk was displayed in the boot picker.

Last edited:
Here it is:
View attachment 572295
It is currently a 1:1 copy of the partition of the original disk. However, for a long time I did not have any EFI content on the backup disk at all, but instead used backup USB for this (the EFI part). In the past, this had no effect on whether the disk was displayed in the boot picker.
This looks fine. I can audit config.plist from your primary disk if you remove serial numbers and post the file.

This looks fine. I can audit config.plist from your primary disk if you remove serial numbers and post the file.
Ok, thanks for the offer and your feedback. It doesn't seem to be a very obvious issue then. I will completely recreate the backup tomorrow and go through a few more steps again. If I don't find a solution, I'll be happy to get back to you :)

Here's the thing. It took me 3 different "config.plist" files to get my Hack into Sonoma w/ Broadcom wifi working.
That is precisely why the upgrade is far from elegant.

#1- My Config.plist from Ventura for updating via the App-store
#2- My Config.plist configured for patching the Sonoma Kernel w/ OCLP
#3- My current Config.plist configured as my "daily driver" for Sonoma

I could send you #3 as that's all I bothered to save, but that wouldn't allow you to patch the kernel.

Followed these instructions from "https://www.tonymacx86.com/members/suzukikm.2025578/" to the letter.

"Update to Sonoma normally first.

1. Once the update is done, configure your EFI as per the guide.

For Broadcom wifi patching

Block: IOSkywalkFamily.kext
Add: IOSkywalkFamily.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext, and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext in order.
Disable: SecureBootModel, SIP and AMFI as below

SecureBootModel -> Disabled
csr-active-config -> <03080000>
boot-arg -> amfi=0x80

2. Reboot with above config

3. Apply the OCLP Modern Wireless Patch

4. Reboot

5. Configure your EFI again

Remove: amfi=0x80
Add: AMFIPass.kext
Boog-arg: -amfipassbeta

6. Reboot. You should be good to go."
AMFIPass KEXT did not work for me, ended up keeping the AMFI=0X80

@CaseySJ I have tried to update ventura 13.6 via the appstore since SW update keeps failing and it worked. The system was updated without losing any data. My next question is: can I do the same thing to upgrade to Sonoma? Can I perform the update via the appstore rather than the SW update since it failed anyway even after updating to 13.6?

Hey guys,

I need SIP disabled to run my Broadcom WiFi card after patching it on Sonoma. The problem with SIP disabled is that I use a program called ‘codemeter’ to run Antares software and this will not run with SIP disabled. When I enable SIP I lose WiFi.

Any suggestions or anyone have any experience with this?

Hey guys,

I need SIP disabled to run my Broadcom WiFi card after patching it on Sonoma. The problem with SIP disabled is that I use a program called ‘codemeter’ to run Antares software and this will not run with SIP disabled. When I enable SIP I lose WiFi.

Any suggestions or anyone have any experience with this?
Sounds like you will need to enable the Intel wifi (say goodbye to Continuity Features) to be able to enable SIP.

Sounds like you will need to enable the Intel wifi (say goodbye to Continuity Features) to be able to enable SIP.
Nooooooo, this is one of my favourite features of Mac OS. Airdrop has to be the best thing since the Stone Age.

AMFIPass KEXT did work for me. Having 2nd thoughts about this whole OCLP situation and having random "Wake from sleep" issues. I might switch over to the Intel wifi solution.
Same here - I started having random wake from sleep after installing OCLP patch. Hopefully someone finds a fix for this soon :)

Back