Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@Feartech You mean the official opencore pkg? if so then it is the same issue. If I open with opencore configurator 2.74 then it throws the same error msg: it is invoking ocvalidate that support only 0.9.3. Hackindrom has also a similar issue in the sense that it did not update some of the kexts to the latest versions. Woudl you them recommend to manually copy across the files in the offical OC 0.9.4 across to my EFI, make the changes to the config.plist and use ocvaldiate that comes with the official OC 0.9.4? Happy to do that. In fact I used to do it all the time before hackindrom.

@Feartech You mean the official opencore pkg? if so then it is the same issue. If I open with opencore configurator 2.74 then it throws the same error msg: it is invoking ocvalidate that support only 0.9.3. Hackindrom has also a similar issue in the sense that it did not update some of the kexts to the latest versions. Woudl you them recommend to manually copy across the files in the offical OC 0.9.4 across to my EFI, make the changes to the config.plist and use ocvaldiate that comes with the official OC 0.9.4? Happy to do that. In fact I used to do it all the time before hackindrom.

from here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases/download/0.9.4/OpenCore-0.9.4-RELEASE.zip

and no, not to use configurators, but a plist editor like PlistEditPro or xcode

from here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases/download/0.9.4/OpenCore-0.9.4-RELEASE.zip

and no, not to use configurators, but a plist editor like PlistEditPro or xcode
Thanks. That's the same version I had downloaded previously. I did a manual and and edited the config.plist and everything was ok although Hackindrom is still showing 0.9.5 when I mount my EFI.

However I still have the issue with upgrading 13.5.1 and now 13.5.2. This is the error that I get:
1694173605733.png

Any idea where I could start looking? I can't upgrade anymore. I am stuck on 13.4.1.
I know Sonoma is not too far away so I could wait but I originally tried to upgrade because since 13.4.1 the system can't sleep anymore. I read in a post somewhere that someone had the same issue and then it disappeared with the 13.5.1 upgrade.
It fails all the time.

Thanks. That's the same version I had downloaded previously. I did a manual and and edited the config.plist and everything was ok although Hackindrom is still showing 0.9.5 when I mount my EFI.

However I still have the issue with upgrading 13.5.1 and now 13.5.2. This is the error that I get:
View attachment 571253

Any idea where I could start looking? I can't upgrade anymore. I am stuck on 13.4.1.
I know Sonoma is not too far away so I could wait but I originally tried to upgrade because since 13.4.1 the system can't sleep anymore. I read in a post somewhere that someone had the same issue and then it disappeared with the 13.5.1 upgrade.
It fails all the time.
Couple of comments:
  • The OpenCore version mismatch is okay; it should get resolved when 0.9.5 is officially released, and we update to that.
  • Regarding the update from 13.4.1, try waiting until macOS pops up a notification stating that an update is available. Then allow it to perform the update.

Do some of you get an unstable Ethernet connection using the 2.5 Gigabit/s port? (EFI from Casey without any additional change.) From time to time, I get an "auto-assigned connection that does not occur when using the 1 Gigabit/s port.
Thanks for your feedback.
Mac

Do some of you get an unstable Ethernet connection using the 2.5 Gigabit/s port? (EFI from Casey without any additional change.) From time to time, I get an "auto-assigned connection that does not occur when using the 1 Gigabit/s port.
Thanks for your feedback.
Mac
Couple of questions:
  1. Are you running Ventura?
  2. Are you using AppleIGC.kext or AppleIntelEthernet210.kext?

I am running Ventura 13.6 22G115 and Apple IGC. kext
I think the occasional self-assigned IP issue is due to AppleIGC. We can still use AppleIntel210Ethernet in Ventura with i225-V...

Couple of comments:
  • The OpenCore version mismatch is okay; it should get resolved when 0.9.5 is officially released, and we update to that.
  • Regarding the update from 13.4.1, try waiting until macOS pops up a notification stating that an update is available. Then allow it to perform the update.
What do you mean by "wait until macOs pops up a notification"? I never get a notification. I only know that there is an update via this forum or if I go to the settings and force a SW update check.

Hi @CaseySJ/All here... 3 years and this build is still running fine for me except... Bluetooth goes off sometimes. (The icon is there but disabled. if I restart the m/c, it starts working again for random hours.) This started a month back. I have new FENVI T919 with me. Not sure, but I don't think the simple swap will work (or is there any trick?). Do I need to reinstall/rebuild i.e. start from step 1 of the installation. I don't want to loose many apps or re-do/re-install all my important apps again, from last 3 years. Any idea, thoughts, way?

Back