Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

When you run IORegistryExplorer, do you see AppleVTD near the top of the device list?
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 8.50.42 PM.png

When you say WiFi does not work, does that mean it (a) can show list of SSIDs, but (b) cannot connect to any SSID?

Yes, I can see apple vt-d in the ioreg. It cannot find any network, and therefore connect. If the Wi-Fi logo appears, but after a minute it is crossed out

Here, try this one.

Attachments

• EFI JOAN SILVA.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
Good morning all and @CaseySJ ! Since the beginning I am on F5 BIOS version.
I was wondering if there is any specific advantage in moving to another one; i.e., F20?
Thanks in advance for your advice !

Hi there, @CaseySJ! Since initially talking with you in the early weeks of this build I've enjoyed a practically *flawless* experience. However, I started to get more and more prompts in my software to upgrade from Catalina, so here I am, having upgraded to Opencore 0.92, BIOS F20, and Ventura 13.4.

However, since upgrading, I have experienced a constant stream of crashes. Generally, I can get about fifteen or twenty minutes of use before the computer entirely freezes, and then restarts moments later. Despite my debugging attempts, I have not been able to figure out what is wrong: I am using the computer as normal with no additional peripherals, typically just using Chrome or VSCode, and there is no sluggishness in the system at all preceding the crash.

I hoped I could prevail on you to help me figure it out. Here are some screenshots from my OpenCore config. In my BIOS (F20) I have set it to the settings described in your initial guide, except I have not made any BAR selection. I have attached some of the crash logs from the `WindowServer` in case those are revealing. Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 11.38.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 11.38.33 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 11.38.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 11.38.56 PM.png
    851.9 KB · Views: 11
  • panic windowserver.txt
    50.6 KB · Views: 16
  • chromepanicagain.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 12
  • panic windowserver3.txt
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
  • panic windowserver2.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Here, try this one.
Sorry, I had a mini vacation. Everything worked! I tried the recommended EFI, which there, from what I understand, was the DMAR SSDT modifier. But I swear I'll try. I must have done it wrong, but I would like to clear up some doubts. Despite using disableiomappermapping, should I also Delete the ssdt dmar and inject the modified?

@CaseySJ

Back