Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Fortunately on my current installed macOS version (Ventura 13.3.1) nothing is to complain about (!), knowing that I use my onboard Intel i219 1 Gbit Ethernet (the i225 2.5 Gbit did not work anymore... by the way maybe precisely because AppleVTD has never been fully enabled) and a Universal Audio TwinX thunderbolt sound card.

I take also this opportunity to confirm that the Ventura 13.3 update indeed solved the recognition issue of my bluetooth Apple Magic Keyboard, as some of you reported :thumbup:

I could not test yet how OpenCore behaves while booting on Windows with DMAR table on, but many thanks @CaseySJ already for your attention and your catch! I will anyway keep you posted and, if this works, bring the idea to the other post, hoping that it can solve his issue too!

Hi, @CaseySJ

I am planning to update from Monterey 12.6.5 to Ventura.

Before updating, i plan to install a fresh copy of Ventura on an external SATA SSD mounted in USB 3 for testing.

How should i do it? Follow the guide in Post 1, just use external SATA SSD instead of internal SSD?

Need your guidance. Thank you so much.

Hi, @CaseySJ

I am planning to update from Monterey 12.6.5 to Ventura.

Before updating, i plan to install a fresh copy of Ventura on an external SATA SSD mounted in USB 3 for testing.

How should i do it? Follow the guide in Post 1, just use external SATA SSD instead of internal SSD?

Need your guidance. Thank you so much.
Hello @nankaiyjin,

Doing a test installation on externally mounted SSD is a good idea. Please try OpenCore 0.9.2 because it contains the new DisableIoMapperMapping quirk for Ventura 13.3 and newer.

Simply follow the same guide as in Post 1, but select the external disk as the installation target when you get to that step.

Hello @nankaiyjin,

Doing a test installation on externally mounted SSD is a good idea. Please try OpenCore 0.9.2 because it contains the new DisableIoMapperMapping quirk for Ventura 13.3 and newer.

Simply follow the same guide as in Post 1, but select the external disk as the installation target when you get to that step.
Got it.
Thanks for your help.

Yup...
View attachment 566551View attachment 566552
Here's the procedure to enable and disable AppleVTD:
Hi @CaseySJ, I just wanted to confirm that your suggestion (as always) fully solved my problem. A big thumb up and thank to you once again! :clap:

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, not D —

Trying fresh Ventura install using this EFI (OC 0.9.2) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0400-amd-rx-580.298642/page-1048#post-2368807

After installation, when booting into OS for the first time following errors occurred:

4711D671-BA17-424D-B091-3CDCCC656050.jpeg

Platform NVRAM info was filled in with my own. What it can be?

Maybe OpenCore and config.plist versions are not the same?

UPDATE:
I replaced opencore files from official release on Github and it worked. So, there should be a mistake in EFI folder, provided here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0400-amd-rx-580.298642/page-1048#post-2368807

Last edited:

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, not D —

Trying fresh Ventura install using this EFI (OC 0.9.2) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0400-amd-rx-580.298642/page-1048#post-2368807

After installation, when booting into OS for the first time following errors occurred:

Platform NVRAM info was filled in with my own. What it can be?

Maybe OpenCore and config.plist versions are not the same?

UPDATE:
I replaced opencore files from official release on Github and it worked. So, there should be a mistake in EFI folder, provided here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0400-amd-rx-580.298642/page-1048#post-2368807
I just downloaded the Vision G EFI folder from that post, renamed one of the config files to config.plist and generated some temporary serial numbers. I used OpenCore Configurator 2.69.0.1 as mentioned in the guide, and set it to 0.9.2 Development Version.

Result: The EFI folder for Vision G works normally. There is no issue with that folder that I can see.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 5.09.19 AM.png

Note that OpenCore Configurator 2.70.0.0 is now available, and we can set it to 0.9.2 Release Version.

Hi, I'm here again! I am having problems with the vt-d, and my fenvi t919. My mother is a z490 vision G, VENTURA 13.3.1, I followed the steps to flash the ethernet firmware (that works fine), but the wifi doesn't. I tried disableiomappermapping, with DMAR ssdt, delete the acpi tables, but no success! Does anyone have any information on that?

Hi, I'm here again! I am having problems with the vt-d, and my fenvi t919. My mother is a z490 vision G, VENTURA 13.3.1, I followed the steps to flash the ethernet firmware (that works fine), but the wifi doesn't. I tried disableiomappermapping, with DMAR ssdt, delete the acpi tables, but no success! Does anyone have any information on that?
Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> Kernel.

Back