Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi,
have you tried hot plugging, does it work?
Yes. From a reboot, if I turn on the Apollo after booting it connects. Same with turning off and turning on again a bit later.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 11.14.56 AM.png

You won’t see anything in the Thunderbolt section of System Report, as you don’t have a flashed controller. It will be under PCIE. Glad you got it working!
Correct & thanks again. (I'm posting a lot of images in case any other relative newbies find themselves in a similar circumstance)

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 11.24.54 AM.png

Yes. From a reboot, if I turn on the Apollo after booting it connects. Same with turning off and turning on again a bit later.

View attachment 563258
Glad to see someone has hot plug working on a non-flashed controller. There is hope for us yet! :thumbup:

** OpenCore 0.8.9 Released **

Update to OpenCore 0.8.9 using latest version of HackinDROM, v2.1.5 as described in post below:

@CaseySJ Hi there, I have a weird problem that is driving me crazy. From time to time I lose my internet connection. It used to be after waking up where I would have no internet connection for a good 5 minutes then it would magically come back. One solution I found when that happens is to put the pc to sleep then wake up immediately. Internet connection will be lost but will come back a bit quicker. When that does not work, only option is a reboot. I tried to renew the DHCP lease but that did not work. I was on the 2.5Gbps port so I tried with the 1Gbps port but same problem. Recently it is happening more often and not even after a wake. It will happen randomly. Any idea where I could look for log files?

@CaseySJ Hi there, I have a weird problem that is driving me crazy. From time to time I lose my internet connection. It used to be after waking up where I would have no internet connection for a good 5 minutes then it would magically come back. One solution I found when that happens is to put the pc to sleep then wake up immediately. Internet connection will be lost but will come back a bit quicker. When that does not work, only option is a reboot. I tried to renew the DHCP lease but that did not work. I was on the 2.5Gbps port so I tried with the 1Gbps port but same problem. Recently it is happening more often and not even after a wake. It will happen randomly. Any idea where I could look for log files?
Hi,

I have a similar problem. At certain times, even though both Ethernet and WiFi interfaces are connected, I have no Internet connectivity. I can ping both interfaces from another device. Have tried both 1gb and 2.5gb Ethernet Interfaces with the same outcome.

A reboot seems to correct this problem until it returns. Entering Sleep Mode does not seem to correct the problem.

Any ideas what the cause could be?

Hi,

I have a similar problem. At certain times, even though both Ethernet and WiFi interfaces are connected, I have no Internet connectivity. I can ping both interfaces from another device. Have tried both 1gb and 2.5gb Ethernet Interfaces with the same outcome.

A reboot seems to correct this problem until it returns. Entering Sleep Mode does not seem to correct the problem.

In my case it is even worse. Both coonections status are "connected" but I can't ping anything.

Hi,

In my case it is even worse. Both coonections status are "connected" but I can't ping anything.
Some questions:
  • When this problem occurs, is the local area network (LAN) still okay? For example, can you use AirPlay or connect to a NAS or otherwise connect to other local devices?
  • Do you have any ad-blocking software such as pi-hole that affects all systems on a local network? Some routers have their own ad blocking functions.
  • Related to previous question, are you using an alternative or local DNS?
  • When this problem occurs, does it affect only the Hackintosh or does it affect other computers as well (no other systems can reach the Internet)?

Some questions:
  • When this problem occurs, is the local area network (LAN) still okay? For example, can you use AirPlay or connect to a NAS or otherwise connect to other local devices?
  • Do you have any ad-blocking software such as pi-hole that affects all systems on a local network? Some routers have their own ad blocking functions.
  • When this problem occurs, does it affect only the Hackintosh or does it affect other computers as well (no other systems can reach the Internet)?
Hi CaseySJ,

Thanks for your response.

First of all my main observation is that this has only happened when I have been doing a massive file copying exercise from one hard drive to another after a drive corruption. This has taken days! I have rebooted a few times to get Internet access working again.

Otherwise, in answer to your questions.

I will test if AirPlay works if/when it happens again.

I do not have any Ad Blocking software or made changes in that respect recently.

I am not using an alternative DNS.

The problem just affects my Z490 Vision D Hackintosh. Other Systems can reach the Internet successfully. Strangely, I can still ping both Z490 Ethernet and WiFi interfaces from another Mac and vice versa!

Some questions:
To answer your questions:
  • When this problem occurs, is the local area network (LAN) still okay? For example, can you use AirPlay or connect to a NAS or otherwise connect to other local devices? Nope. I can't access anything on the local network.
  • Do you have any ad-blocking software such as pi-hole that affects all systems on a local network? Some routers have their own ad blocking functions. Nope
  • Related to previous question, are you using an alternative or local DNS? Nope
  • When this problem occurs, does it affect only the Hackintosh or does it affect other computers as well (no other systems can reach the Internet)? It affects only the Hackintosh.
One thing to add is that it all started when I upgraded to Ventura. Never had this problem before.

Back