Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thank you!!! It works!!! I'm so relieved!!!
Glad to hear it!!

….

Will try and find out more about my USB extention not working and Link Aggregation for the ethernets.
Link Aggregation may not be supported on all Ethernet ports. On my Z390 Designare that has two 1GbE ports, Link Aggregation is supported on only one of them. Fortunately my OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock’s on-board 1GbE is supported, so for a few weeks I was aggregating one port from motherboard and the other from the dock.

Please advise what is the procedure for testing USB port Transfer Speed?

I have a number of USB 3.0 connected External Drives and I am not convinced that their transfer speeds are up to specification leading me to question whether my Z490 Vision D USB configuration is correct.

Please advise what is the procedure for testing USB port Transfer Speed?

I have a number of USB 3.0 connected External Drives and I am not convinced that their transfer speeds are up to specification leading me to question whether my Z490 Vision D USB configuration is correct.
A good test is to run BlackMagic Disk Speed Test on this computer and on a real Mac (or Windows), then compare speeds.

A good test is to run BlackMagic Disk Speed Test on this computer and on a real Mac (or Windows), then compare speeds.
Thanks, CaseySJ.

Strangely enough, I have done just that and suspect that I have a problem, maybe with my USB mapping. I have a Corsair Commander Pro and additional USB Hub internally which may be screwing things over. I have always suspected that since build time. I'm not even sure that I can connect all my USB ports simultaneously and they will all work!

Are there any published results of any Speedtests that others have done for me to compare?

What would you advise as the best way forward?

Thanks, CaseySJ.

Strangely enough, I have done just that and suspect that I have a problem, maybe with my USB mapping. I have a Corsair Commander Pro and additional USB Hub internally which may be screwing things over. I have always suspected that since build time. I'm not even sure that I can connect all my USB ports simultaneously and they will all work!

Are there any published results of any Speedtests that others have done for me to compare?

What would you advise as the best way forward?
We're gonna have to get extremely specific!
  • What are the makes/models of the USB drives?
  • Have you tried the process of elimination by disconnecting the Commander Pro and other hubs one by one while checking USB drive performance?
  • If you have compared USB drive performance between the Hackintosh and other systems:
    • What are the speeds you saw on other systems?
    • What are the speeds you're seeing on the Hackintosh?
  • Do the USB drives start off at high speed and then slow down a few seconds later (as the SSDs heat up)?
    • Or is the USB drive speed consistently slow throughout the speed test?
  • Have you tried copying large files to the USB drives? If you do this in Windows, there's a nice graph that shows real-time transfer speed.
  • Have you tried copying large files from the USB drives to some internal NVMe SSD? How is the performance from start to finish?

We're gonna have to get extremely specific!
  • What are the makes/models of the USB drives?
  • Have you tried the process of elimination by disconnecting the Commander Pro and other hubs one by one while checking USB drive performance?
  • If you have compared USB drive performance between the Hackintosh and other systems:
    • What are the speeds you saw on other systems?
    • What are the speeds you're seeing on the Hackintosh?
  • Do the USB drives start off at high speed and then slow down a few seconds later (as the SSDs heat up)?
    • Or is the USB drive speed consistently slow throughout the speed test?
  • Have you tried copying large files to the USB drives? If you do this in Windows, there's a nice graph that shows real-time transfer speed.
  • Have you tried copying large files from the USB drives to some internal NVMe SSD? How is the performance from start to finish?
Thanks,

I will obtain all this information. Its a while since I built my system so I will have to do some dismantling.

Should I be using USBInjectAll.kext or USBPorts.kext for USB port Mapping on the Z490 Vision D?

Should I be using USBInjectAll.kext or USBPorts.kext for USB port Mapping on the Z490 Vision D?
Either one is fine. I personally prefer USBInjectAll because it provides flexibility for enabling/disabling ports via boot arguments.

Hi,
I plugged back an old ESATA dock station on an ASM1062 card with 2 ESATA ports, working fine if I plug the drive before booting but I forgot how to make Hotplugged, can you refresh my memory please?
(should i just put an AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext in EFI?)
;)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-02-25 à 19.49.07.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-02-25 à 19.49.07.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Following up on my issue withy no internet connectivity when waking up for sleep, a few things I forgot to mention:
- It is not only impacting wired connection but also wifi;
- I bought a USB type C to Ethernet 2.5Gbe adapter which works fine. When waking up, it takes a little while to have the Internet connection back. I only got it yesterday so I have not experienced any drop yet.

I am starting to suspect that it is more or less related to the Internet protocol stack. I am trying to find out where the network logs are to see if there is anything suspicious. Any idea where to find them?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Hi there, I have noticed recently that my booting times are getting longer and longer. It used to be under 20s from power on to Macos loaded. Now it take maybe 30s. Where is the log file that could potentially help me find the culprit? Since upgrading to Ventura I am having issues after issues; network connectivity loss after wake up, booting time taking longer and overall the system is much slower. Sometimes for no reason an application will freeze and I'll get the spinning wheel for a little while. Never had that with Monterey or before. I could leave with longer boot time if I was not losing my internet connection upon wake up. But now it is something like 9 out of 10 wake ups I lose the connectivity and it does not come back even after 10 minutes. Only option I have is a restart and I can now feel the extra 10s or more!
What is even worse is that I will also lose internet connectivity out of the blue.

Back