Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi all and @CaseySJ
I recently changed my SMBIOS with iMac Pro 1.1 (previously with iMac 19.1) and was able to get hardware acceleration on VideoProc Converter.
I am wondering if there is a major issue moving to iMacPro compared with iMac 19.1 for other purpose I would not be aware.
Thanks for your help as usual !
Certain functions that rely on iGPU will not work, such as Sidecar.

Depending on which version of OpenCore you’re currently using, it may not be strictly necessary to update it first. But it’s generally a good idea to use the latest.

I'm on 0.8.2 right now. Of course i'd probably want to update, but I have PTSD after doing an update a while back, and booting to a black screen. Luckily I had a bootable USB to get back where I was, and I think I skipped that update altogether.

I'm on 0.8.2 right now. Of course i'd probably want to update, but I have PTSD after doing an update a while back, and booting to a black screen. Luckily I had a bootable USB to get back where I was, and I think I skipped that update altogether.
For Ventura we need OpenCore 0.8.3 or later. This is available from right here:

I did a quick search for this build specifically regarding Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt... real Mac connected to the Vision D... and what got out of it is there is no way to activate the Thunderbolt Bus or Thunderbolt Local Node without flashing the chip...

Is this correct?
Is it possible to get this working with the built-in TB3 controller on the Vision D?

I did a quick search for this build specifically regarding thunderbolt to Thunderbolt... real Mac connected to the Vision D... and what got out of it is there is no way to activate the Thunderbolt Bus or Thunderbolt Local Node without flashing the chip...
That is correct.

Is this correct?
Is it possible to get this working with the built-in TB3 controller on the Vision D?
An alternative is to flash the chip of a GC-Titan Ridge add-in-card. Some pre-flashed cards are available on eBay.

Reactions: ffk
@CaseySJ Any idea why suddenly hackinDROM is telling me to reinstall OC? I updated last week from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3 and it was fine. Then today was just looking at upgrading to 0.8.5 when I noticed this message. Hackindrom version is 2.1.4
Obviously I can't upgrade to 0.8.5 given this message of reinstalling 0.8.3. any harm in reinstalling 0.8.3?

Hi CaseySJ and all,

Since I updated via HackinDROM to the latest 0.8.3, I am receiving the following error message during the initial boot:
"OCS: Nop schema for FullNvramAccess at 5 index: context <Tools>".

In fact this message repeats 5 times/lines.

Any way I can fix it?

Thanks!

@CaseySJ Any idea why suddenly hackinDROM is telling me to reinstall OC? I updated last week from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3 and it was fine. Then today was just looking at upgrading to 0.8.5 when I noticed this message. Hackindrom version is 2.1.4
Obviously I can't upgrade to 0.8.5 given this message of reinstalling 0.8.3. any harm in reinstalling 0.8.3?
Hello @emistral

Please post a screenshot of HackinDROM where this message is shown.

We can upgrade to 0.8.5 using the right-click method.

Hi CaseySJ and all,

Since I updated via HackinDROM to the latest 0.8.3 I am recieving the following error message during the initial boot:
"OCS: Nop schema for FullNvramAccess at 5 index: context <Tools>".

In fact this message repeates 5 times/lines.

Any way I can fix it?

Thanks!
Hello @bravo030

This just means there’s an extra item in config.plist that OpenCore does not recognize. We can upgrade to 0.8.5 using the right-click method in HackinDROM. This problem should go away after that. If you’re using OpenCore Configurator, check that the title bar shows the right version of OpenCore.

Hello @emistral

Please post a screenshot of HackinDROM where this message is shown.

We can upgrade to 0.8.5 using the right-click method.
her is the requested screenshot. I can see that if I right click on the HDD info I have a contextual menu "Update". is that the right click method you were referring to?
1666265118033.png

Back