Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello, Thanks for the reply

Disabled in BIOS
-1 in OpenCore
Are you sure it's -1 in OpenCore?
Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 5.05.15 PM.png

Are you sure it's -1 in OpenCore?
View attachment 542265
Yes. I went back to OpenCore 0.7.4 to restore audio (it worked). So my current config file might be different from the one I posted.

Disabling nvmefix.kext as you suggested seems to have fixed my boot issues. I rebooted from a full shut down about 10 times to be sure and so far no problem at all.

However, I do see these error messages on the Gigabyte flash screen before OpenCore loads. Could it be because I used a version of Clover Configurator made for 0.7.8 (with 0.7.4) when I disabled nvmefix.kext?

Attachments

• IMG_4590.JPG
    IMG_4590.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 41
Okay, restarting from Windows 11 into Mac Os without a full shutdown did bring back the black screen issue. I had to force shutdown and reboot and I'm back on Mac OS at the first try

However, I do see these error messages on the Gigabyte flash screen before OpenCore loads. Could it be because I used a version of Clover configurator made for 0.7.8 (with 0.7.4) when I disabled nvmefix.kext?
Yes. Each version of OpenCore Configurator supports only 2 versions of OpenCore. If you upgrade to OpenCore 0.7.8 the warnings should disappear.

What specific problem are you encountering in Monterey?
View attachment 542247
Thanks for your reply Casey. For taking the time to look at my issue.
Thing is that in Monterey the device does not even turn on. It has a external display on it and, even without the blackmagic software (under Catalina) it turns on.

I have found that under Catalina the results on ioreg are much sturdier.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 06.36.58.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 06.36.58.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
Yes. Each version of OpenCore Configurator supports only 2 versions of OpenCore. If you upgrade to OpenCore 0.7.8 the warnings should disappear.
Thank you. Since 0.7.8 broke my WiFi. I restored a backup config file of my current 0.7.4 install, applied your fixes with a proper version of OC Configurator and now I don't see those error messages.

Now that I have tested further, my native Apple Bluetooth card isn't working. I followed the suggestions in the Dortania OC guide regarding Monterey but nothing fixed it.

Looking at Hackintool, it doesn't look like the USB port the Bluetooth card is connected to (HS02) is active. Would you know how to fix that? Or a guide you can point me to that would help me? I am not familiar with the USB port limit situation, but if I have to sacrifice something, I don't need HS12 working on Mac which controls bios flash and the RGB controller.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 12.04.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 12.04.34 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Not sure if anybody's still looking , but I ran across this just now.
New for $290 w/ more than 10 available.

Thank you. Since 0.7.8 broke my WiFi. I restored a backup config file of my current 0.7.4 install, applied your fixes with a proper version of OC Configurator and now I don't see those error messages.

Now that I have tested further, my native Apple Bluetooth card isn't working. I followed the suggestions in the Dortania OC guide regarding Monterey but nothing fixed it.

Looking at Hackintool, it doesn't look like the USB port the Bluetooth card is connected to (HS02) is active. Would you know how to fix that? Or a guide you can point me to that would help me? I am not familiar with the USB port limit situation, but if I have to sacrifice something, I don't need HS12 working on Mac which controls bios flash and the RGB controller.
@jorsh,

What is the make/model of your WiFi/BT card?

With that card installed along with its Bluetooth USB cable, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') to the XHC tree, and post a screenshot where HS02 is fully visible.

@jorsh,

What is the make/model of your WiFi/BT card?

With that card installed along with its Bluetooth USB cable, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') to the XHC tree, and post a screenshot where HS02 is fully visible.
Forgot to update that I got it fixed.

It is an Original Broadcom Apple card. BCM94360CS2.

I fixed it by turning off xhciportlimit in OpenCore Configurator.

Thanks for all your help and your guides.

I am just cautious. Since it isn't formally written in the manual I want to make triple sure before investing in a 11gen CPU.
I use the i7 11700K on the Z490 VD, and it gives Pcie4. You have to enable it to use Rocket Lake in the BIOS, and it works. But, as mentioned, you have to be on F20 and above.

Back