Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Here the backtrace with the OC configuration updated with your suggested port limit procedure:

View attachment 516641

Here the backtrace with the previous OC configuration (which I installed Big Sur with):

View attachment 516642

It looks like the same issue happens for both configs, which may involve the audio driver... but honestly I don't know what I am talking about... :crazy:

(thanks @CaseySJ for the CMD-V tip, this is another information I wanted to get :thumbup:)
Yes indeed it’s audio driver related. Can you grab a list of all files in the /Library/Extensions folder?

If you have another Mac, you can connect your backup disk to it and grab the contents of the above folder because nothing in that folder will have changed.

Compared to my Catalina backup drive, several kext are missing. It looks like something bad happened during the installation process itself, what do you think?

Here the content of /Library/Extensions on my Catalina backup drive:

Capture d’écran 2021-04-27 à 23.53.38.png

Here the content of /Library/Extensions on my new Big Sur installation:

Capture d’écran 2021-04-27 à 23.54.51.png

(I know some of them common to both install: Sonarworks.kext which comes from the installation of Sonarworks Reference audio plugin, SoundGrid.kext which comes from the editor of audio plugins Waves, UAD2System.kext and UAFWAudio.kext which are installed by Universal Audio)

me too i have usb ports issues,

i tried much of things and if some usb ports work other not, like front usb or than only usb 2.0 and 3.0 not, or its the bluetooth that not working agian every test something is not working (xhciportlimit ) checked waf before update working fine but now its hunting time to find out whtas going on,

and also sleep is not working anymore computer does not even trying to go in sleep mode.

i also tried the above ssdt you proved but broke also my bluetooth
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • When did these problems first occur?
  • The USB SSDT from Z490 Vision D cannot be used on the Vision G.
  • Please try the attached SSDT: SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V3.aml
  • As described in post 5873 above, add this file to OC/ACPI folder and add a reference in config.plist
  • Also disable the previous version: SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml
    • Just uncheck the Enabled field for this item
  • And of course, uncheck XhciPortLimit in the Kernel section of config.plist
This SSDT disables 6 ports in order to reach the 15 port limit. The following USB 2.0 ports have been disabled:
  • HS01 --> front panel USB-C port
  • HS03, HS04, HS05 --> the three USB Type A ports between the LAN connector and HDMI connector
  • HS06 --> The USB-C port on the rear IO panel
  • HS09 --> One of the two front panel USB 3.x Type A ports
USB 3.x devices are not affected. They will operate on all ports. Only USB 2.0 devices are disabled on the above six ports.

Gigabyte Vision G USB Port Layout.png

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V3.aml
    916 bytes · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: jd6
Compared to my Catalina backup drive, several kext are missing. It looks like something bad happened during the installation process itself, what do you think?
Big Sur removes some of the drivers that are no longer supported, so the missing ones are okay to be missing!

Here the content of /Library/Extensions on my Catalina backup drive:

Here the content of /Library/Extensions on my new Big Sur installation:

(I know some of them common to both install: Sonarworks.kext which comes from the installation of Sonarworks Reference audio plugin, SoundGrid.kext which comes from the editor of audio plugins Waves, UAD2System.kext and UAFWAudio.kext which are installed by Universal Audio)
This rings a bell. Similar problem was reported a few weeks ago and it was necessary to remove one of these audio drivers. My recommendation is to remove them all, boot into Big Sur, and install only the Big Sur-compatible versions of the drivers.

Here is the procedure to remove the drivers from the internal macOS SSD:
  • At the OpenCore Picker, press space bar to reveal extra options. One of them should be Recovery.
  • Boot the Recovery volume.
  • Once booted, select Terminal from the Tools menu.
  • Then type ls -l /Volumes and note the exact name of your macOS disk.
    • If the disk name contains spaces, type the disk name inside quotes in each line below that asks for it.
    • Example:
      • If the macOS disk is named Big Sur then each path name below should be entered like this:
      • /Volumes/"Big Sur"/Library/Extensions
      • /Volumes/"Big Sur"/System/Library/Extensions
  • Then type cd /Volumes/[name-of-macOS-disk]/Library/Extensions
  • Then type ls -l
  • Do you see those drivers listed?
  • Then delete the following:
    • rm -rf Sonarworks.kext
    • rm -rf SoundGrid.kext
    • rm -rf UAD2System.kext
    • rm -rf UAFWAudio.kext
  • Now type the following (very important):
    • touch /Volumes/[name-of-macOS-disk]/Library/Extensions
    • touch /Volumes/[name-of-macOS-disk]/System/Library/Extensions
  • Reboot and try to boot macOS normally.
  • Does it boot up?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Here's my report after the 11.3 update.
(For now i didn't use the SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml for the report)

As @CaseySJ noticed:

After reboot, no usb (2.0 devices for me) devices recognized on these ports:
- USB 2.0 devices will not connect to HS03 (my old joystick)
- USB 2.0 devices will not connect to HS04 (my USB Berhinger soundcard)

- I've moved them on the HS07/SS07 yellow ports and they're back.
(note: they are listed in MacOS "system report" but not back in "Hackintool" usb list)

- Update breaks Wake From Sleep.
- An APPLE folder with a firmware appeared in my EFI folder...?
- Blutooth went back after a second extra reboot (greyed out right after the update).

As i'm using the "Wifi-BT 0.68 EFI" i didn't "play" with the SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml yet.
(maybe i could add the HS14 to the .aml file? but it's not a big deal for me right now. I use ETH mostly.)

Attachments

• Hackintool Before Update.jpg
    Hackintool Before Update.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 42
  • Hackintool After Update.png
    Hackintool After Update.png
    315.9 KB · Views: 38
  • ACPIEFI.png
    ACPIEFI.png
    273.3 KB · Views: 46
  • APPLE firmware folder.png
    APPLE firmware folder.png
    75 KB · Views: 45
Hi everyone,

Here's my report after the 11.3 update.
(For now i didn't use the SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml for the report)

As @CaseySJ noticed:

After reboot, no usb (2.0 devices for me) devices recognized on these ports:
- USB 2.0 devices will not connect to HS03 (my old joystick)
- USB 2.0 devices will not connect to HS04 (my USB Berhinger soundcard)

- I've moved them on the HS07/SS07 yellow ports and they're back.
(note: they are listed in MacOS "system report" but not back in "Hackintool" usb list)

- Update breaks Wake From Sleep.
- An APPLE folder with a firmware appeared in my EFI folder...?
The APPLE folder is normal. The firmware file is for a real Mac, but is ignored on Hackintosh.

- Blutooth went back after a second extra reboot (greyed out right after the update).

As i'm using the "Wifi-BT 0.68 EFI" i didn't "play" with the SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml yet.
(maybe i could add the HS14 to the .aml file? but it's not a big deal for me right now. I use ETH mostly.)
Please try the attached SSDT (disable all other USB SSDTs). This disables USB 2.0 devices from front panel (HS01) USB-C port, but enables HS14 for Intel Bluetooth.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3-INTEL-WIRELESS.aml
    855 bytes · Views: 45
The APPLE folder is normal. The firmware file is for a real Mac, but is ignored on Hackintosh.

Please try the attached SSDT (disable all other USB SSDTs). This disables USB 2.0 devices from front panel (HS01) USB-C port, but enables HS14 for Intel Bluetooth.
Thanks @CaseySJ , should I also uncheck XhciPortLimit In the Kernel section?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-04-28 à 00.36.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-04-28 à 00.36.09.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 43
Hi, Anybody cheeked VDA decoder status in Hackintool after the 11.3 update? Mine says failed. I used the exact EFI to boot 11.2.3 from another drive. It says fully supported. Also, I had the USB problem, too, but after mapping USB working fine. But HR VDA decoder still not working. I tried exact BIOS and EFI and booted 11.2.3. It is fine.

Yes, try setting it to Disabled. In the worst case — if you really really want to install the Supplemental Update — it may be necessary to try something drastic:
  • Clone the NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD that can be mounted in an external USB 3.0 chassis.
  • Connect this SATA SSD to a real Mac that is also running Catalina.
  • Download the Catalina update on the Mac (the full installer) and launch it. When asked to select a disk to update, choose the external SATA SSD.
  • Let the update complete.
  • Disconnect the SATA SSD and connect it to the Hackintosh. Boot the Hackintosh using the external SATA SSD by pressing F8 at BIOS Splash screen on the Asus to select the external SATA SSD.
  • When macOS on the SATA SSD is running, clone it to the internal NVMe SSD.
Thanks. Oddly enough, changing it to disabled changed nothing. I guess I'll sit this one out until Big Sur.

Thanks anyway!

Back