Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

If I understand correctly, you mean the red highlighted SSDT provides port definition for all USB's not for only HS14?
Correct. Otherwise your USB mouse and keyboard would not be working.

The log files are relatively short text files. I don't recall if serial numbers are logged, but if they are, simply use a text editor to remove them.
I've done the restart with the log file a couple of times but every time the file is 262 KB and completely empty.

Does this mean the O.C. hangs before it starts logging?

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-04-181008.txt
    256 KB · Views: 33
I've done the restart with the log file a couple of times but every time the file is 262 KB and completely empty.

Does this mean the O.C. hangs before it starts logging?
Ah, let's use the DEBUG build of OpenCore 0.6.6. Just click here to download the DEBUG zip. Then do the following:
  • Replace EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi with the DEBUG version
  • Replace EFI/OC/Opencore.efi with the DEBUG version
Nothing else needs to be changed. Then reboot and let's see if the log files contain something useful.

Ah, let's use the DEBUG build of OpenCore 0.6.6. Just click here to download the DEBUG zip. Then do the following:
  • Replace EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi with the DEBUG version
  • Replace EFI/OC/Opencore.efi with the DEBUG version
Nothing else needs to be changed. Then reboot and let's see if the log files contain something useful.
I think you gave me the wrong link. Because the timestamp and sizes are exactly the same of my files. Plus the link says release in it. ;)

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-04-183107.txt
    256 KB · Views: 42
  • opencore-2021-02-04-183156.txt
    256 KB · Views: 51
And this is what I see while my custom boot logo is on the screen.

Custom logo is instead of the regular Gigabyte logo

Attachments

• 25CFABA2-69DE-4D3F-9CCB-9A86D06E1E15.jpeg
    25CFABA2-69DE-4D3F-9CCB-9A86D06E1E15.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
The 10 minute test gave me the same amount of 350 lines I had with test 2
The last line from the larger log file shows that OpenCore is trying to get the name of the operating system on one of the disks. Disk names are specified in an optional file called .contentDetails. However, this is normally .disk_label.contentDetails.
Code:
60:005 00:076 OCB: Trying to get label from \.contentDetails
Suggestion:
  • Please mount the EFI partition of every drive in the system, one by one.
  • Go to the EFI/BOOT folder in each partition.
  • Using Terminal, type ls -al to list all files including hidden files that start with a dot.
  • Do you see any files with "contentDetails" in their name?

Last edited:
The last line from the larger log file shows that OpenCore is trying to get the name of the operating system on one of the disks. Disk names are specified in an optional file called .contentDetails. However, this is normally .disk_label.contentDetails.
Code:
60:005 00:076 OCB: Trying to get label from \.contentDetails
Suggestion:
  • Please mount the EFI partition of every drive in the system, one by one.
  • Go to the EFI/BOOT folder in each partition.
  • Using Terminal, type ls -al to list all files including hidden files that start with a dot.
  • Do you see any files with "contentDetails" in their name?
No there is no file that contains "contentDetails" in their name.

When I try to boot from 0.6.6 there are only 3 NVMe drives in my system. The Intel NVMe (boot drive) and my 2 970 EVO Plus drives. They all have a EFI partition but only the boot drive contains a BOOT folder. And in that folder on that boot drive there is no file containing "contentDetails" in its name.

Back