Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes, HB1200!
Try the following:
  • System Preferences --> Network --> manually remove all entries from the left section by clicking the minus icon "-" one by one.
  • Also disable Bit Defender.
  • Then delete the NetworkPreferences.plist file once again from Terminal.
  • Reboot.
Does this make any difference?

Try the following:
  • System Preferences --> Network --> manually remove all entries from the left section by clicking the minus icon "-" one by one.
  • Also disable Bit Defender.
  • Then delete the NetworkPreferences.plist file once again from Terminal.
  • Reboot.
Does this make any difference?
I've restarted and now there are no Network options at all. If I click the "plus" at the bottom I have the option to add a new interface, so I've created a WiFi Service, which is how I'm posting this comment. Looks like I can do the same for Ethernet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 17.03.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 17.03.52.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 40
I've restarted and now there are no Network options at all. If I click the "plus" at the bottom I have the option to add a new interface, so I've created a WiFi Service, which is how I'm posting this comment. Looks like I can do the same for Ethernet.
Yes, simply add the necessary ports back.

This website is created by @Inqnuam, who has done a marvelous job!

You can certainly go there and grab the ASRock Z490 ITX/ac Thunderbolt SSDT. It will already be compiled, but if you make any changes to it (but in your case no need to make any changes) only then you'll need to click Compile.

SSDT-DTPG.aml is needed unless Method DTGP is already defined in some other SSDT. So if your SSDT-PLUG contains a Method DTGP (unlikely) then you won't need a separate SSDT-DTPG.aml.
Right, cool! Maybe we can add the DTGP to the website?

That one should be added back!
Is the procedure to do that different to the above? I can't seem to find any way to do it!

Edit: Never mind, I rebooted and it appeared back of it's own accord!

Last edited:
I would consider this myself, but with an RX5700xt, I believe you need whatevergreen agdpmode=pikera to mitigate boot-to-black screen, yet its whatevergreen itself that breaks DRM.

Can someone confirm my logic?
That's what I heard about DRM and WEG too. I don't know exactly how it's gonna be with RX5700XT, but with RX580 I have removed all boot arguments (audio layout moved to device properties in config.plist) except "-liluforce" which allows loading WEG in safe mode. Like I said before, no problems with DRM.

Trying to install my first Hackintosh, have some troubles on Vision G

Using OC 0.6.3 got prelinkedkernel errors
Using OC 0.6.4 got "OCS: Failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> os type integer" and then installing have stuck on phase 2 "8/9 minutes remaining" (don't know how to see logs)

Can someone please help?

Back