Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

And still no Ethernet Intel 2.5G on Aorus Z490 Master; any ideas? CaseySJ?

The million $ question is does your ability to watch movies with the AppleTV app in 0.6.4?
If I were you, I'd consider switching to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Netflix, HBO, Apple TV - everything is working beautifully. There's nothing to loose. Well maybe except iGPU which has to be disabled in BIOS ;)

If I were you, I'd consider switching to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Netflix, HBO, Apple TV - everything is working beautifully. There's nothing to loose. Well maybe except iGPU which has to be disabled in BIOS ;)
I would consider this myself, but with an RX5700xt, I believe you need whatevergreen agdpmode=pikera to mitigate boot-to-black screen, yet its whatevergreen itself that breaks DRM.

Can someone confirm my logic?

One thing I've just noticed, which I'm pretty certain, is, since replacing my motherboard as I've not changed my configuration at all, is that I seem to have an abundance of Ethernet connections in the Network preferences pane! Previously there were only ever 2 Ethernet connections, and I now seem to have 4?!

Attached are the screenshots from the Network pane, and the System Information > Ethernet Cards pane. As you can see, it shows Ethernet 3 as being in use, and, if I plug my Ethernet cable into the other Ethernet port, that shows up as Ethernet 4, so it seems 1 and 2 are unused. Is it as simple as just removing the unused connections? I didn't want to mess anything up so thought I might ask here. Ethernet is all working fine by the way, just wondered why I have the extra connections that weren't present previously!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.37.09.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.37.09.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.37.36.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.37.36.png
    238.2 KB · Views: 57
@CaseySJ you did this website, https://hackindrom.zapto.org/

Can I just go there, pick Asrock Z490 ITX/ac from the drop down and compile the SSDT? No need for the SSDT-DTGP.aml? Apparently it comes already with the SSDT-PLUG.aml?

Asking can I send the website to a friend, and he can have TB3 working.

And still no Ethernet Intel 2.5G on Aorus Z490 Master; any ideas? CaseySJ?
Please see this screenshot:
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 7.35.45 AM.png

Please run Hackintool and export/post the PCI device list as shown here:
Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.02.10 AM.png

One thing I've just noticed, which I'm pretty certain, is, since replacing my motherboard as I've not changed my configuration at all, is that I seem to have an abundance of Ethernet connections in the Network preferences pane! Previously there were only ever 2 Ethernet connections, and I now seem to have 4?!

Attached are the screenshots from the Network pane, and the System Information > Ethernet Cards pane. As you can see, it shows Ethernet 3 as being in use, and, if I plug my Ethernet cable into the other Ethernet port, that shows up as Ethernet 4, so it seems 1 and 2 are unused. Is it as simple as just removing the unused connections? I didn't want to mess anything up so thought I might ask here. Ethernet is all working fine by the way, just wondered why I have the extra connections that weren't present previously!
Simply delete the Network Preferences plist and reboot. A replacement file will be created automatically.
Bash:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
(enter admin password when requested)

@CaseySJ you did this website, https://hackindrom.zapto.org/

Can I just go there, pick Asrock Z490 ITX/ac from the drop down and compile the SSDT? No need for the SSDT-DTGP.aml? Apparently it comes already with the SSDT-PLUG.aml?

Asking can I send the website to a friend, and he can have TB3 working.
This website is created by @Inqnuam, who has done a marvelous job!

You can certainly go there and grab the ASRock Z490 ITX/ac Thunderbolt SSDT. It will already be compiled, but if you make any changes to it (but in your case no need to make any changes) only then you'll need to click Compile.

SSDT-DTPG.aml is needed unless Method DTGP is already defined in some other SSDT. So if your SSDT-PLUG contains a Method DTGP (unlikely) then you won't need a separate SSDT-DTPG.aml.

Simply delete the Network Preferences plist and reboot. A replacement file will be created automatically.
Bash:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
(enter admin password when requested)
Thanks Casey, I did as instructed but that didn’t solve it! I still have 4 Ethernet ports, but something stranger is now happening.

One of my Ethernet ports now shows up as "Ethernet" instead of "Ethernet 3" as it was before I deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist - All good.

When I swap the cable over to the other Ethernet port, the "WiFi" connection turns green. If I unplug it, it turns red again. During this, the WiFi icon in the menubar shows Wifi to be off. If I turn WiFi on from the menubar, that then is showing up as Bluetooth PAN in Network Preferences!

Thanks Casey, I did as instructed but that didn’t solve it! I still have 4 Ethernet ports, but something stranger is now happening.

One of my Ethernet ports now shows up as "Ethernet" instead of "Ethernet 3" as it was before I deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist - All good.

When I swap the cable over to the other Ethernet port, the "WiFi" connection turns green. If I unplug it, it turns red again. During this, the WiFi icon in the menubar shows Wifi to be off. If I turn WiFi on from the menubar, that then is showing up as Bluetooth PAN in Network Preferences!
Are you using a Broadcom WiFi/BT card such as Fenvi FV-T919 or FV-HB1200?

Back