Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi guys, after 2 weeks running myself ragged, I finally got my machine built. (The problems I was having were twofold: one, I didn't know that, since the Z490 motherboard doesnt have its own power switch, I had to short the power pins, and, two, I getting the power to the power supply from a dodgy power strip that wasnt doing the job.)

Anyway now that I have the machine up I still have three problems:
1. the USB 3.1 and 3.1 ports on top next to the power don't work.
2. when I do the installation verification check, I'm missing several things:
No Bluetooth listed at all, and​
the PCI section lists no thunderbolt controller at all.​

Regarding the 3 questions:
  1. Have you connected the USB 3 header cable from the case to F_U32 header on the motherboard?
  2. Two parts:
    • Have you connected the USB header cable from Fenvi WiFi/BT card to F_USB1 or F_USB2 on the motherboard?
    • Regarding Thunderbolt, have you configured BIOS parameters correctly?
  3. What devices are connected to the internal USB 2.0 headers F_USB1 and F_USB2?

1. Opps. No. Fixed now.
2. a) Opps. No. Fixed now.
b) these are the parameters if I do load profiles hack1
3. Just the fenvi card from above. sleep seems to work now

So its just the thunderbolt left.

And as many others have said before me, thank you for your help. As former tech support myself, I'm impressed with your patience.

Attachments

• 20201117_212337.jpg
    20201117_212337.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 20201117_212416.jpg
    20201117_212416.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 38
I upgraded to Big Sur and opencore 0.63
Use SAFARI to watch YOUTUBE’s 8K videos and still LAG(4K is ok)
But using CHROME and EDGE can play 8K smoothly
Can you use safari to play 8k smoothly?
My equipment is listed on the left

Looks like your Thunderbolt controller has been flashed. Good job! However, the Thunderbolt SSDT (SSDT-TB3HP.aml) seems to have some problem. Please replace it with attached V2 and (a) uncheck existing one in ACPI section of OpenCore Configurator, and (b) add new entry for SSDT-TB3HP-V2.aml.

Regarding HDMI audio, your HDEF device configuration is exactly the same as mine. However, I'm not using the on-board iGPU to connect a monitor.

Suggestions:
  • Use an AMD GPU, even a low-cost one such as RX 570. iGPU is not recommended for connecting monitors.
  • Try "Factory Reset" on the Dell monitor using the monitor's on-board menu.
  • If you have another monitor or TV, try connecting to it just to see if it appears as a Sound Output device in System Preferences.
Thank you.
Based on your guide about flashing TB3 chip, I bought chip reader and cable and flashed it successfully. Now I can use Migration Assistant to transfer data from old rMBP 2012 to the new hackintosh Z490 via TB3-TB2 cable. It is perfect! Thank you so much. I is really like a real Mac computer! Awesome!

I use SSDT-TB3HP-V2.aml, but DP/HDMI audio is still not found.
I have no other monitor, but Ihave 2 real Mac computers :(; a) iMac(mini-DP) and (b)MacBook Pro 2012 (mini-DP+HDMI). I connect these 2 computers to Dell monitor via mini-DP to DP cable or HDMI to HDMI cable and DP/HDMI audio can work well.
And I did a test just several days ago: install Win10 on thisZ490 computer. DP/HDMI video and audio on Dell monitor on Win10 platform can work well. Now I already formatted Win10 and turned to macOS.

I google some infos about DP/HDMI audio issue, and find this post:
The author mentioned:
SO problem fixed - enable "useintelhdmi" and install fake intelhdmi kext and voila !
Now I have in sytem properties display port with enable audio !!
Only stereo or surrosound 2.0 but form me, new on mackintosh world , s huge success !!

But I can not find 'Use Intel HDMI' option on OpenCore Configurator. Finally, I find a likely something on Hackintool:
WX20201118-121357@2x.png

Can this code generated by Hackintool be used in config.plist? How to use this code?
Thank you!

That's one of the first driver installs I do as part of the windows installation. I honestly don't think it's anything to do with the chipset or other hardware drivers. I think it's something in the SSDT's or Kexts that are loaded when I boot through the opencore picker that are presenting to Windows like a spoof device.
The device ID of UIA0 sure reminds me of UsbInjectAll. Does the device show up when you boot windows from the bios boot options?
Edit:autocorrect fail

Last edited:
1. Opps. No. Fixed now.
2. a) Opps. No. Fixed now.
b) these are the parameters if I do load profiles hack1
3. Just the fenvi card from above. sleep seems to work now

So its just the thunderbolt left.

And as many others have said before me, thank you for your help. As former tech support myself, I'm impressed with your patience.
Thunderbolt settings in BIOS are okay. Simply check System Information --> PCI for the existence of two Thunderbolt entries. Feel free to post screenshot of that page.

Thank you.
Based on your guide about flashing tb3 chip, i bought chip reader and cable and flashed it successfully. Now i can use Migration Assistant to transfer data from old rmbp 2012 to the new hackintosh z490 via tb3-tb2 cable. It is perfect! Thank you so much , it is really like a real mac computer! Awesome!

I use SSDT-TB3HP-V2.aml, but dp/hdmi audio is still not found.
I have no other monitor, but i have 2 real mac computers:(a)iMac(mini-dp) (b)mac book pro 2012(mini-dp+hdmi). I connect these 2 computers to dell monitor via mini-dp to dp cable or hdmi to hdmi cable and dp/hdmi audio can work well.
And i did a test just several days ago: install win10 on this z490 computer. Dp/hdmi video and audio on dell monitor on win10 platform can work well. Now I already formatted win10 and turned to mac os.

I google some infos about dp/hdmi audio issue, and find this post:
The author mentioned:
SO problem fixed - enable "useintelhdmi" and install fake intelhdmi kext and voila !
Now I have in sytem properties display port with enable audio !!
Only stereo or surrosound 2.0 but form me, new on mackintosh world , s huge success !!

But I can not find 'Use Intell hdmi' option on OpenCore Configurator. Finally i find a likely something on Hackintool:

Can this code generated by Hackintool be used in config.plist? How to use this code?
Thank you!
You may add hda-gfx as follows:
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.26.50 AM.png

Happy to report everything working smoothly then! One last thing though. The EFI Partitions of my Big Sur and Catalina backup SSDs appear in the Opencore picker and the Big Sur drive is named ‘Untitled’ - How can I hide the EFIs and get the Big Sur disk named accordingly? Sorry if i’ve missed this info somewhere in the guide, I couldn’t find anything relating to it!
I solved the EFI Partitions with a change to my Scan policy which in turn removed my Windows partition from the OpenCore picker. I managed to add a custom entry for Windows which now works fine. I’d like to make my Catalina Backup drive an auxiliary so that I can hide it at the picker, from what I understand, I’d have to make a custom entry to make this possible? I tried this, following the same procedure as I did for Windows, but all that did was add another entry to the picker that throws up the error

“OCB: Start Image Failed - Already started”

Is it because I have an exact copy of my EFI on the drive too?

The Big Sur partition is also still called ‘Untitled’. I tried to make another custom entry for this too, with the same result - an additional entry in the picker that doesn’t boot, with the same error stated above.

The device ID of UIA0 sure reminds me of UsbInjectAll. Does the device show up when you boot windows from the bios boot options?
Edit:autocorrect fail
I thought the same and no it doesn’t appear of you boot straight into windows using the F12 key or BIOS boot override option.

I thought the same and no it doesn’t appear of you boot straight into windows using the F12 key or BIOS boot override option.
So, if it means a lot to get rid of it, you can try making a USBportmap.kext with hackintool instead of using USBinjectall.kext and associated SSDT, and see it it continues to be absent when booting windows through the Opencore boot picker.

Back