Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ,

First of all thanks for the great guide!

I successfully followed it and am now up and running. However, I have run into one issue when my PC sleeps it instantly crashes. I am using the Fenvi T919 and I have enabled FireVualt (followed the instructions Dortania OpenCore Post Install instructions), but other than that I followed the guide. I do also have the cheaper Fenvi wifi card and wondering if I should use that instead?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @CaseySJ,

First of all thanks for the great guide!

I successfully followed it and am now up and running. However, I have run into one issue when my PC sleeps it instantly crashes. I am using the Fenvi T919 and I have enabled FireVualt (followed the instructions Dortania OpenCore Post Install instructions), but other than that I followed the guide. I do also have the cheaper Fenvi wifi card and wondering if I should use that instead?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hello @hhargreaves,

My initial suspicion also falls to the WiFi/BT card so I agree, let's do this:
  • First, just remove the Fenvi FV-T919 without replacing it with an alternative. Always shutdown the system and flip power switch to OFF before removing or installing any components on the motherboard.
  • Then boot up and check sleep behavior.
  • If it's okay, then install the alternative WiFi/BT card (the Fenvi FV-HB1200?).

Hi @CaseySJ,

I tried switching the card over and I've run into a new issue, the PC sleeps but then instantly wakes back up again. I ran pmset -g log and it returns "Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler"

Hi @CaseySJ,

I tried switching the card over and I've run into a new issue, the PC sleeps but then instantly wakes back up again. I ran pmset -g log and it returns "Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler"
Was the system able to sleep and wake without any WiFi/BT card plugged in?

@CaseySJ I did some further testing, and I am not sure if the issue is with the WiFi card as I have tested it without the WiFi card, and it still instantly wakes up from sleep. (Although it doesn't appear to crash)

If it does also crash it fails with the following error: Sleep-wake failure in EFI, Failure code:: 0x00000400 0x0000001f...

Otherwise, if it wakes from sleep, t was due to either XDCI USBW PEG1 PEG2 RP04 (User) or XDCI GLAN USBW PEG1 PEG2 RP04 (User).

I should also note I am using a nzxt internal usb hub.

Last edited:
Hello, your boot does not sleep well. It is a little sleep. The light in the case turns off and then turns on again. Then after a while, the screen can be black, but the lights in the case will not go off. If you really sleep, the lights should follow. Turns off, then wakes up, and the light turns on again. I used Broadcom’s driver-free PCIE network card. The Bluetooth cable on the network card is plugged into the USB post inside, and the mouse, keyboard, camera, and a Bluetooth speaker are plugged into the outside USB. USB charging cable,

@CaseySJ I did some further testing, and I am not sure if the issue is with the WiFi card as I have tested it without the WiFi card, and it still instantly wakes up from sleep. (Although it doesn't appear to crash)

If it does also crash it fails with the following error: Sleep-wake failure in EFI, Failure code:: 0x00000400 0x0000001f...

Otherwise, if it wakes from sleep, t was due to either XDCI USBW PEG1 PEG2 RP04 (User) or XDCI GLAN USBW PEG1 PEG2 RP04 (User).

I should also note I am using a nzxt internal usb hub.
Please disconnect the NZXT hub and try again. We must follow the Process of Elimination.

** OpenCore 0.6.2 EFI for Z490 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.15.1.0 or Newer

NOTE 1: There is a bug in 2.15.0.0 that adds DummyPowerManagement into Kernel Quirks. Use 2.15.1.0 or newer.

NOTE 2: If you are using OpenIntelWireless to drive the on-board Intel AX201 WiFi/BT module, please jump to this post instead.​

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.2 has arrived, along with an update of nearly all other Acidanthera kexts. This guide includes the latest boot loader and kexts.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.2
  • VirtualSMC 1.1.7
  • Lilu 1.4.8
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.3
  • AppleALC 1.5.3
  • NVMeFix 1.0.4
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.6 (supports iMac20,1 and iMac20,2)
config.plist Changes:
  • Kernel --> ExtendBTFeatureFlags --> True
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled
Other Changes:
  • All SSDTs are now injected conditionally for macOS by using:
Code:
If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
    // do Mac stuff
}
  • This allows OpenCore to boot both macOS and Windows without crashing Windows.

How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called OC-062-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Inside the EFI/OC subfolder are two standard config files:
    • config-AMD-GPU.plist (choose this if using an AMD GPU)
    • config-Intel-iGPU.plist (choose this only if no AMD GPU is present)
  6. Pick one of the files above, rename it to config.plist, and open this config.plist in OpenCore Configurator version 2.15.1.0 or later.
  7. From OpenCore Configurator's File --> Preferences, select Official --> OC 0.6.2 Release Version as shown:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.12.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.11.38 PM.png
  8. Click on PlatformInfo --> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM and copy/paste existing serial numbers and UUID into the fields shown in red.
    • Use Hackintool to copy existing values:
      Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 2.33.52 PM.png
    • And paste them here one by one:
      Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.12.36 PM.png
  9. Save the file.
  10. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  11. Warning: It may be necessary to reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  12. At the OpenCore 0.6.2 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  13. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.

Attachments

• OC-062-VISION-D.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Hello,

After successfully building my first Hackintosh, I am planning to start building another one with exactly the same specs. :)

But right now, I only have a spare RX 580 card. I'm looking to buy a Sapphire Vega 56 off eBay and change the card later. Can I just swap GPUs later without any problems?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Back