Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello,

After successfully building my first Hackintosh, I am planning to start building another one with exactly the same specs. :)

But right now, I only have a spare RX 580 card. I'm looking to buy a Sapphire Vega 56 off eBay and change the card later. Can I just swap GPUs later without any problems?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Yes it should be a simple replacement. Vega cards may require custom power/fan tables:

Hello, your boot does not sleep well. It is a little sleep. The light in the case turns off and then turns on again. Then after a while, the screen can be black, but the lights in the case will not go off. If you really sleep, the lights should follow. Turns off, then wakes up, and the light turns on again. I used Broadcom’s driver-free PCIE network card. The Bluetooth cable on the network card is plugged into the USB post inside, and the mouse, keyboard, camera, and a Bluetooth speaker are plugged into the outside USB. USB charging cable,
Please see the Sleep Aid and try the process of elimination. Start by removing the WiFi/BT card (always shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF when removing or installing components on the motherboard).

Can we use SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2-INTEL-BT.aml with the 0.6.2 EFI for Intel WIFI-BT?
Sure, no problem. Just need to update config.plist accordingly. If you open config-AMD-GPU.plist in both the 0.6.2 Zip and the 0.6.1 Intel WiFi/BT Zip and compare the differences using OpenCore Configurator, it's easy to merge them. I can update the Intel WiFi/BT Zip later today.

Update: Intel Wireless guide has been updated to OpenCore 0.6.2.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm still trying to get my head around Big Sur File System Security.

I have been trying to apply the described UPS Fix required because of the detection of my Corsair Commander Pro as a UPS. I eventually managed to to get Read/write Access to the Big Sur file system in order to do this and it was running fine for several days. I also had to learn about APFS SnapShots during the process in order to achieve this.

I booted up today and the Commander Pro is being detected as a UPS again and I am no longer able to get Read/Write file system access to correct this.

I noticed that I still have a SnapShot that was created somewhere along the line and do not seem to be able to delete it (see attached).

Is anyone familiar with this subject? (I have applied 'csrutil disable' and 'csrutil authenticated-root disable' through Recovery Boot)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 17.56.06.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 17.56.06.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Just to close the loop on the issue with Windows 10 and MacOS not waking up from sleep, because of the Fenvi T919 card.

My spec: i7-10700k, Radeon 5700 XT Gigabyte OC, Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Bios F5a).

Replacing this card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WGS46PY/ with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 solved the issue for me and @dranose (if I understood it correctly)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WGS46PY/ doesn't work. AFAIK many folks with the same hardware spec had no issues with this card.

Thanks @CaseySJ for the great tutorial and config.
My configuration is similar to you. Z490 vision D + 10700k + vega64 tried to boot many times and found many problems. I am looking forward to sharing your EFI file with me. Thank you very much

Please disconnect the NZXT hub and try again. We must follow the Process of Elimination.

I think I finally figured it out. I started by doing a complete re-install with a fresh EFI and using the latest OpenCore release. I also removed all the Fake<>.kerts (what are these used for?) and the Ethernet Kets (but added the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device property) and switched to the latest iMac20,2 profile. Finally, I made set the alcid boot arg to 7 and added the AirportItlwm.kext

After the fresh install finished, the 2.5gb ethernet worked, audio worked as well as sleep restart etc, but sleep still instantly woke. I also noticed netflix on safari doesn't work, but I am guessing that's because of the iMac20,2 profile and my build not having a T2 security chip?

I then detached my iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler from the internal USB header and vollia, sleep finally worked.

As a side note the Fenvi T919 seems to work as expected now.

Last edited:
I think I finally figured it out. I started by doing a complete re-install with a fresh EFI and using the latest OpenCore release. I also removed all the Fake<>.kerts (what are these used for?) and the Ethernet Kets (but added the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device property) and switched to the latest iMac20,2 profile. Finally, I made set the alcid boot arg to 7 and added the AirportItlwm.kext

After the fresh install finished, the 2.5gb ethernet worked, audio worked as well as sleep restart etc, but sleep still instantly woke. I also noticed netflix on safari doesn't work, but I am guessing that's because of the iMac20,2 profile and my build not having a T2 security chip?

I then detached my iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler from the internal USB header and vollia, sleep finally worked.

As a side note the Fenvi T919 seems to work as expected now.
Please see NOTE 7 from the Designare Z390 build guide:

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.12.24 PM.png

Although this applies to Corsair power supplies, we've found similar sleep problems with their all-in-one coolers.

Back