Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I'm disappointed that the upgrade to a 10900K hasn't fixed system overloads in Logic X but at this stage I'll just take a working computer tbh!
Hi Tom, I'm about to embark on a similar build for running Logic X and your comment about system overloads has me a wee bit concerned - could you elaborate on what is happening for my benefit.
Many thanks.

OHH my goodness!!!!
Here we go again.
Now What????? :rolleyes:
A new macOS will come out every year.

But the end is coming for Hackintosh! :(

Not right away, however, but within the next 8-10 years when new versions of macOS will only be released for Apple ARM processors.

Hi @CaseySJ ..I need your help..I cloned my ssd to bigger ssd..and I boot from cloned SSD..everything is working fine except when plugged in a USB, the mac doesn't detect at all..what is the problem..the usb is running ok before using cloned ssd..BIOS detected the USB but when boot to cloned SSD, the USSB doesn't appear..

Hi @CaseySJ ..I need your help..I cloned my ssd to bigger ssd..and I boot from cloned SSD..everything is working fine except when plugged in a USB, the mac doesn't detect at all..what is the problem..the usb is running ok before using cloned ssd..BIOS detected the USB but when boot to cloned SSD, the USSB doesn't appear..
Hello @myplugin24,
  • What motherboard are you using?
  • When you boot from the internal SSD (original SSD) then USB devices (like mouse, keyboard, flash disk) will connect and work?
  • When you boot from the cloned SSD (backup SSD) then USB devices (like mouse, keyboard, flash disk) will not connect?

Hello @myplugin24,
  • What motherboard are you using?
  • When you boot from the internal SSD (original SSD) then USB devices (like mouse, keyboard, flash disk) will connect and work?
  • When you boot from the cloned SSD (backup SSD) then USB devices (like mouse, keyboard, flash disk) will not connect?
Im using Gigabyte H470 Auros Pro AX
Everything is working fine when I boot from original SSD
Just double checked, when booting from backup SSD, mouse and keyboard are working. but seems some 2 front usb ports just detected USB 2.0 but not USB 3.0..I have done USB mapping and apply SSDT as well. It was done when using original SSD.

s

Not right away, however, but within the next 8-10 years when new versions of macOS will only be released for Apple ARM processors.

@CaseySJ I don't want to hijack this thread—we should throw this convo onto a separate thread—but it would be great to hear your thoughts on this. My two cents:
- It is too soon to tell exactly how ARM hardware will shape macOS, but based on Apple's approach in other domains it is fair to conjecture this will make macOS less malleable and further out of reach
- If so, this would specifically hamstring the Hackintosh community who have relied on the relative universality of Intel binaries and chipsets to get macOS to work across non-mac devices
- This could prompt a backlash against Apple from a core of pro users who have stood by the company through some considerable missteps. I'm thinking here of the multi-year keyboard debacle and Apple's incessant drive towards making devices minutely slimmer at the expense of things pro users actually want, like upgradeable storage, better batteries, and escape keys.
- By contrast, Apple's browbeaten rivals in Microsoft have dramatically upped their game by courting the developer community. Visual Studio Code is now ubiquitous (and rightly so, because it is superb), and Microsoft's purchase of Github (and derivatively NPM) and their continued support for those ecosystems demonstrates a really, really strong counterpoint to any "walled garden" Apple may be building.
- Conclusion? This is gonna be an interesting fight to watch. ;)

@CaseySJ
I tried disable SSDT for USB mapping, it detected the USB after reboot. When I enable the SSDT, the system didn't detect the USSB. Should I create the SSDT again?

OK so obviously I can't swear here.

But I LOVE YOU MAN.

Changed the serials, booted from your EFI and boom the audio dropouts were significantly reduced over Firewire. I then just tried over USB and played an entire project of mine at 96Khz with loads of UAD-2 plugs, Waves, Plugin Alliance & Drumforge and its working!

I'm disappointed that the upgrade to a 10900K hasn't fixed system overloads in Logic X but at this stage I'll just take a working computer tbh!

Whats the secret? Did you compile your own from vanilla OpenCore? Did you use CaseSJ's Vision D as a template? I'd love to know but thank you so much for posting this!!

***I'm guessing things will improve over time for us early adopters of z490 / comet lake correct?***

@hughythomas would you kindly emphasize the system overload issue you are experiencing?
I, like you, am using an i9-10900k without any system issues whatsoever.
I may be able to possibly assist.

soo.... Hackintosh becomes... Apple Pi? :)

Back