Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I have updated my Hackintosh: buying the new (but not the last) Intel i5-11600K to activate the PCIe Gen 4.0 on the motherboard and I buy a Crucial PS5 2TB M.2 SSD PCIe Gen 4.0 and I used the slot M.2 near to the processor... ALL WORKS PERFECTLY! Now my machine is really fast with MacOS 12.4. I have updated to OC 0.8.2 by HackinDROM, and update MacOS from 12.4 to 12.5, any issues! Fantastic! Thank you all for supporting, great job! Cheers :headbang:
Glad to hear it! That is the value of modularity — where almost any module can be replaced and/or upgraded.

Yes, now we should disable the Aquantia patch from Kernel —> Patch, and just enable the kernel quirk labeled ForceAquantiaEthernet.
OK. I tried that last night but it didn't work. Today it worked after enabling VTd in the BIOS. Thanks! It's why I have such anxiety when updating a working system!

Maybe I will try the i225 firmware hack later if I am feeling brave. As it is now, the system reboots if I even plug an ethernet cable into it.

EDIT - i225 flashed, and now working as well. So cool.

Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.8.3 PRE-RELEASE Mini-Guide **
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Just for the purpose of training I decided to create a USB key using HackinDROM apps.
Following the instruction and end up with the "famous :) EFI 0.78 from @CaseySJ with Intel Wifi configuration.
Then I decided to update to the latest version currently available, with the update function of HackINDROM.
However this does not work on Ventura as Ventura AirportItlwm is missing in my EFI.
Did I do something wrong or missed something?
Thanks again for your support as always...

Oh yes, we need to download and install the Ventura version of AirportItlwm. Some folks have reported problems with the Ventura driver.

Alas, my advice continues to be the same: We should use a Broadcom WiFi/BT module for best results.
@MacArthur,

There might be a solution for Intel Bluetooth in Monterey and newer. Details located here:

I'll test this soon -- and will try the Ventura version of AirportItlwm.

Update:
Just confirmed that Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth are now working in Monterey!! I'm testing on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare. Will install Ventura public beta shortly and test there as well.

Update 2:
Works in Ventura as well!

Mini-Guide Posted Here:

Last edited:
Hmmmm that's looking amazing...
Are you going to post an updated EFI for the Z490 Vision D?
I could compare to mine to see if any difference.
Thanks again for jumping among all your configs :cool:

Hmmmm that's looking amazing...
Are you going to post an updated EFI for the Z490 Vision D?
I could compare to mine to see if any difference.
Thanks again for jumping among all your configs :cool:
Please see the mini-guide just posted moments ago.

I saw it :)
I was just putting my feet on the shoes of a guy who just bought a Z490 Vision D and expect to have a ready to use EFI working on Monterey/Ventura with AMD GPU and intel Wifi and the 2 Ethernet ports enabled. :)
Looking at you initial post on page 1 (which has been updated) and the mini guide he might be a bit confuse.
But it's already a tremendous job you did !
Once again congrats ;-)

@MacArthur,

There might be a solution for Intel Bluetooth in Monterey and newer. Details located here:

I'll test this soon -- and will try the Ventura version of AirportItlwm.

Update:
Just confirmed that Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth are now working in Monterey!! I'm testing on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare. Will install Ventura public beta shortly and test there as well.

Update 2:
Works in Ventura as well!

Mini-Guide Posted Here:
Trying this I can't get Bluetooth to work with OC 0.8.3 and Monterey 12.5 (though strangely both Wifi and BT were working when I accidentally booted from an old OC version 0.7.8)

I believe it's because with 0.8.3 config files HS14 is not present, but the IntelWifi/BT part says it must be enabled.
How do I modify the 0.8.3 files attached in the mini guide to enable HS14?

Hi all and @CaseySJ of course !

As Ventura seems to work properly with a smooth transition from Monterey regarding the apps (most of them are running without update) I decided to reorganise my 2TB SSD and took advantage of this to reinstall on small partitions Big Sur and Catalina (most of you will think that having 4 macOS on the same Mac is totally unnecessary, but that's the main reason why it therefore becomes absolutely mandatory :) ).

I remember that to properly boot Catalina we need to setup SecureBootModel to "Disable" while for the 3 others it is setup on "Default".
After testing, I see that I can boot the 4 macOS with SecureBootModel setup to "Disable".

My question is simple:
Rather than having 2 different EFI, can I use only one?
If I remember well I will just have to change SecureBootModel to "Default" when doing some upgrade on the system.
Is that correct or did I miss something?
Thanks for your support as usual !

Hi all,

I have had a very stable build using Catalina, now has come the time where I am now wanting to upgrade to Monterey as I think it has somewhat settled down now.

I have built the new Monterey 12.4 system onto a brand new SSD using OC 0.8.2 as that is latest one available. The build and install appears to have gone pretty smoothly, which I'm quite chuffed about as it has been a while.

There does appear to be one issue that I am having that I cannot figure out.

I am running two Audio Interfaces, (which run perfectly together in Catalina)

1. Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (TB2 adapter is being used to convert to TB3), using genuine Apple cable.
2. UAD Apollo with a Starlink TB3 cable.

Initially, I installed the Apogee and I managed to get it working by shutting everything off, turning on the Ensemble first and then boot the Hack. I installed the UA stuff and it went on no problem. I turned it all off, restarted the Hack and it picks up the UAD Apollo but not the Apogee? Unplug the UA and repeat by switching off the Ensemble and turning on the Hack, but no joy. I revert back to the Catalina boot and it all works perfectly.

I saw the post at beginning *NOTE 5: USBInjectAll 0.7.6 - I have updated this.

I'm wondering if I have missed something with regards to the USB ports as I noticed my additional ports on the top of my chassis don't appear to be working in Monterey. I'm wondering if I don't have the ports set-up correctly?

Any pointers and guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Rob

Hi all and @CaseySJ of course !

As Ventura seems to work properly with a smooth transition from Monterey regarding the apps (most of them are running without update) I decided to reorganise my 2TB SSD and took advantage of this to reinstall on small partitions Big Sur and Catalina (most of you will think that having 4 macOS on the same Mac is totally unnecessary, but that's the main reason why it therefore becomes absolutely mandatory :) ).

I remember that to properly boot Catalina we need to setup SecureBootModel to "Disable" while for the 3 others it is setup on "Default".
After testing, I see that I can boot the 4 macOS with SecureBootModel setup to "Disable".

My question is simple:
Rather than having 2 different EFI, can I use only one?
If I remember well I will just have to change SecureBootModel to "Default" when doing some upgrade on the system.
Is that correct or did I miss something?
Thanks for your support as usual !
Hello @MacArthur,

We recommend setting SecureBootModel to Disabled only when installing Catalina, but after it's been installed we can change it to Default.

Back