Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So this is the same info for the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D? That is the MB I have.

Thank you!!
Z490 Vision D succeeds the Z390 Designare. They are very close cousins. The Thunderbolt controller is the same.

For the RX 5700 XT we only need agdpmod=pikera added to Boot Arguments. It should be there already.

I installed a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT Gaming. Since then, we are experiencing random black screens post OC menu boot. If the system eventually boots, the said black screen appears after 5 mins or so.

In an attempt to successfully integrate the 5700 XT, I am convinced I have polluted the EFI folder to a point at which I must concede. A gentle reminder that with the RX 580 installed, this system was completely stable.

Kindly advise.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D -Bios F2
i9-10700
Rx 5700 XT
32Gigs Ram.
2Tb NVME.

I have attached the EFI folder and scores for perusal.

scores.png

Attachments

• Tonben's EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I'm sorry I cannot find info an how to flash the TB firmware.

It's strange. My Gigabyte Z390 Designare works perfect with my Thunderbolt Apollo Twin X without the need to flash firmware. So I guess am to assume the Gigabyte Z490 Vision Thunderbolt will not work unless the TB is flashed?

Thank you!!

It's strange. My Gigabyte Z390 Designare works perfect with my Thunderbolt Apollo Twin X without the need to flash firmware. So I guess am to assume the Gigabyte Z490 Vision Thunderbolt will not work unless the TB is flashed?

Thank you!!
Thunderbolt firmware flashing is not needed. After connecting the Twin X please run IORegistryExplorer and a post a screenshot of the of the RP05 section.

I installed a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT Gaming. Since then, we are experiencing random black screens post OC menu boot. If the system eventually boots, the said black screen appears after 5 mins or so.

In an attempt to successfully integrate the 5700 XT, I am convinced I have polluted the EFI folder to a point at which I must concede. A gentle reminder that with the RX 580 installed, this system was completely stable.

Kindly advise.

i9-10700
Rx 5700 XT
32Gigs Ram.
2Tb NVME.

View attachment 473643
Although I don't see anything wrong with the EFI, I have updated all of the kexts, particularly Lilu and WhateverGreen. Simply rename the folder back to EFI and replace the existing one. Be sure to copy serial number back into PlatformInfo.

This EFI also includes CFGLock.efi to unlock MSR 0xE2. Please follow the procedure in Post 1, Step 7 to unlock MSR 0xE2. Then uncheck these two parameters in Kernel:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.43.07 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI-tonben-z490.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 72

Kindly advise.

i9-10700
Rx 5700 XT
32Gigs Ram.
2Tb NVME.

View attachment 473643
I looked at these numbers, but I confess that I need to check their configuration.
Look at mine being a z390 i9 9900k 64GB Ram and 5700xt

Attachments

• Imagem 2.jpg
    Imagem 2.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 104
Although I don't see anything wrong with the EFI, I have updated all of the kexts, particularly Lilu and WhateverGreen. Simply rename the folder back to EFI and replace the existing one. Be sure to copy serial number back into PlatformInfo.

This EFI also includes CFGLock.efi to unlock MSR 0xE2. Please follow the procedure in Post 1, Step 7 to unlock MSR 0xE2. Then uncheck these two parameters in Kernel:

View attachment 473710

Thank you so very much kind Sir. I shall, early this evening.

Additionally, a little birdie mentioned.....Microcenter has restocked. i9-10900Ks available tomorrow.;)

I looked at these numbers, but I confess that I need to check their configuration.
Look at mine being a z390 i9 9900k 64GB Ram and 5700xt
That's a good single-core result, but seems to trail a little bit in multi-core compared to i7-10700K. However, these benchmarks always fluctuate when run 3 times in a row.

Back