Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

We need to investigate, but I suspect is related with RGB LED strip headers...
Do a close up to the onboard motherboard chips in tell me if you see this one:IT8718F
On a fully assembled system it's a bit tricky to find and read the chip labels, but here are two ITE chips:
  • IT8795E
  • IT8688E
The numbers may be slightly off -- again due to difficulty in reading labels from an assembled system.

On a fully assembled system it's a bit tricky to find and read the chip labels, but here are two ITE chips:
  • IT8795E
  • IT8688E
The numbers may be slightly off -- again due to difficulty in reading labels from an assembled system.
I'm still investigating but these 2 you mention are:
ITE IT8795E acts as an embedded controller (like the "EC" temperature headers) and provides extra fan control and functionality.
ITE IT8688E is the SuperIO controller on this motherboard, and it's capabilities for fan control and temperature monitoring

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to hide a specific USB device from the system? I have a Corsair Commander Pro (RGB light controller) and Catalina think's it's a UPS!

It's connected to the internal header and my Broadcom Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card is also on that same header, so I can't kill the whole port via USB Mapping. (HS06)

View attachment 473060

View attachment 473064
Please see @jb007's post here:

Friends
Is it worth exchanging the z390 Designare for a Z490 D? improves performance?
What do you think ? Thank you

Friends
There is not much difference between Z390 and Z490 today. Comet Lake-S processors are mostly rebadged versions of Coffee Lake with some improvements. Rocket Lake processors are expected early next year and should support PCIe 4.0. So existing Z390 Designare owners really have nothing to worry about! :)

Another analogy might be this: Most of us don't replace our Macs every one or two years. We generally replace them after at least 4 years. The same mindset, I believe, applies here...unless Intel produces something truly innovative...

What do you think ?
Upgrading your Z390 Designare after one year would be like buying a 2019 Ford Mustang. Then when the 2020 model comes out with an extra 20 HP and some cosmetic changes to the car you buy that and sell your 2019 model year car because it's not the latest greatest version. Not something I'd want to do.

Last edited:
Given the current computer industry development, every 4-5 years we will see some noticeable differences and I'm being quite generous here. Many folks are still chilling with 4790K etc. Also specifically from Hackintosh perspective, Z390 build is much more refined and tuned.

Friends

Hello and thx for the great work here,

everything is running fine so far, but i have one little problem:

The Intel Power Gadget doesn't show the RAM-tab and i don't know why - did i miss anything?

Attachments

• 2020-06-02_14-30-35.png
    2020-06-02_14-30-35.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 91
i fail to sleep now(sleep and wake up Immediately)
What could be the problem?
thanks

Back