Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks both macOS and Windows work normally after enabling Intel PTT, and my Z370 build now fulfills the Windows 11 system requirements, indicated by Microsoft PC Health Check app.
Wjem does the win 11 roll out start? I enabled PTT on my B560_f and Mac and win 10 still works perfectly.

Wjem does the Win 11 roll out start? I enabled PTT on my B560_f. Mac and Win 10 still works perfectly.
All,

Let’s limit the discussion here to issues or topics related to Windows installation on a Hackintosh such that macOS can coexist without issue.

General discussion of Windows is better done in a Windows forum. Information about Windows release can be found by searching the web.

All,

Let’s limit the discussion here to issues or topics related to Windows installation on a Hackintosh such that macOS can coexist without issue.

General discussion of Windows is better done in a Windows forum. Information about Windows release can be found by searching the web.
My fault I just wanted to pass along some info on PTT in case it was helpful to others!

My fault I just wanted to pass along some info on PTT in case it was helpful to others!
That post is relevant because it tells us how to configure BIOS in a manner that allows both Windows 11 and macOS to run.

That post is relevant because it tells us how to configure BIOS in a manner that allows both Windows 11 and macOS to run.
Thanks Casey!

Just wanted to say a huge, huge thank you to OP and everyone else in this thread. I’ve been planning my Hackintosh build for nearly two years and this thread helped me achieve an absolutely perfect, 100% functioning build with a Gigabyte Vision D Z490. I really appreciate it.

You are absolutely right!! The trick is to simply set device-id to F3158680 (or 15F3 8086 in standard byte order). Even though the device ID is already 15F3, apparently this is not sufficient to invoke the correct driver. We need to change the device ID to 15F3 8086, but this has to be specified in reverse byte order: F315 8680.

Then we can disable FakePCIID (screenshot #2).

View attachment 521504View attachment 521505
And voilà:
View attachment 521507
I'll make this change in the OpenCore 0.7.1 release next month. Meanwhile, anyone running Big Sur is welcome to make the change manually (this is optional, however).
hi, CaseySJ:

i have treed this but if I uncheck all three kext 'FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio, FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V and FakePCIID" than I los audio, AppleALC is not loading but I have Ethernet.

why is that ....?

Just wanted to say a huge, huge thank you to OP and everyone else in this thread. I’ve been planning my Hackintosh build for nearly two years and this thread helped me achieve an absolutely perfect, 100% functioning build with a Gigabyte Vision D Z490. I really appreciate it.
Glad to hear it, and welcome to the forum!

hi, CaseySJ:

i have treed this but if I uncheck all three kext 'FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio, FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V and FakePCIID" than I los audio, AppleALC is not loading but I have Ethernet.

why is that ....?
Hello @jd6,

If your goal is to enable the Intel i225-V port, just disable FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and keep the other two enabled. (The device-id for Intel i225-V still needs to be set to 0xF3158680.)

Reactions: jd6
Hello @jd6,

If your goal is to enable the Intel i225-V port, just disable FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and keep the other two enabled. (The device-id for Intel i225-V still needs to be set to 0xF3158680.)
yes that's what I m trying to do, but because you showed in the screen shot to disable all there, I did so than I lost audio, but thanks for replay I will do that and disable just the one .

Back