Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

When i update to 0.6.6 from 0.6.5 it does not recognize my bluetooth which is native intel one comes on vision d.
Any similar problem or any way to resolve it?

I tried it but it gives me the same result.

The computer starts and the GigaByte boot logo shows. But as soon as I should see the O.C. bootpicker I see only a black screen. Never gets to the point where I can pick the MacOS to boot.

Is there a change in the O.C. loader that could explain this?

Oh and I did this with a USB stick this time.
Try this procedure that is in the OpenCore 0.6.6 documentation:
  • Boot with 0.6.5
  • Then disable Bootstrap from Misc —> Boot section of config.plist
  • Reboot
  • At the OpenCore 0.6.5 Picker, Reset NVRAM
  • Now try booting OpenCore 0.6.6

When i update to 0.6.6 from 0.6.5 it does not recognize my bluetooth which is native intel one comes on vision d.
Any similar problem or any way to resolve it?
Did you use the Intel Wireless version of OpenCore 0.6.6 by clicking the link at the top of the standard 0.6.6 mini-guide?

Try this procedure that is in the OpenCore 0.6.6 documentation:
  • Boot with 0.6.5
  • Then disable Bootstrap from Misc —> Boot section of config.plist
  • Reboot
  • At the OpenCore 0.6.5 Picker, Reset NVRAM
  • Now try booting OpenCore 0.6.6
Do I disable Bootstrap from within OpenCore Configurator on 0.6.5? Because I can't seem to find the option in OpenCore Configurator. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

• Bootstrap.jpg
    Bootstrap.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 54
I found "BootProtect" on "Bootstrap" on Misc -- Security with OpenCore Configurator 2.26.0.0.

Is it the same if I put "BootProtect" there on "None"?
Yes, change it to None.

Yes, change it to None.
Ok I changed it. But can't try any further because I am not at home and using VNC to make the adjustments.

Hope this works. I'll let you know when I get home in about 5 a 6 hours.

I really appreciate your help. It must be a complete day job for you.

*EDIT

If I am reading it correct on Dortania Github. I have to boot into 0.6.5 once more after I changed the "BootProtect" to "none" and cleared the NVRAM. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Did you use the Intel Wireless version of OpenCore 0.6.6 by clicking the link at the top of the standard 0.6.6 mini-guide?
Yes. from 0.6.3 using your EFI which support Intel. with 0.6.6 my WiFi working well. But it seems there is no Bluetooth device attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 19.41.44.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 19.41.44.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 19.42.02.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 19.42.02.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 40
Well, I would love to say the move to 0.6.6 was seamless and perfect.....but I can't.

For me, it was very difficult. My main macOS load is Catalina. But I do load Big Sur on an internal SSD (as I use it primarily as a test system and don't intend to move to Big Sur until I'm fully confident it's reliable and ready to use for my production needs).

I downloaded your posted config for 0.6.6, and did what I usually do. Adapted the config to my needs. In the past, this has worked perfectly, but not this time.

The first problem was that OpenCanopy would not load. NVRAM clear didn't help. I thought I had missed something, so I started adjusting the config to more conform to your basic config. Still couldn't get OpenCanopy to load.

Finally, I had to load your config, with no modifications whatsoever and add my needed configuration changes one by one (NVRAM is a perfect example, but there are others). So, after doing that, and another NVRAM clear, OpenCanopy was loading.

But then I noticed another problem. My OWC TB 10G adapter was not connecting - at all. I tried a number of things, but finally I just went in to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and deleted all configs related to networking.

I rebooted and cleared NVRAM, and it started to work. Then I loaded the debug version of 0.6.6 (which I prefer to load) and very carefully added in my config preferences.

Some 2 hours later, I was up, or so I thought.

On my Big Sur beta, I swapped the EFI and the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration config data, rebooted and it started just fine. No issues with the TB 10G adapter or anything else. Cool....

Now, I moved to my backup disk for Catalina (which I boot from a TB port or a USB port, depending on what I'm doing with the system), and I did the same thing I did for my Big Sur beta install. Rebooted and got a KP (yes I saved the notice, but it listed IONetworking as the issue). Several boots later, still getting KPs. Okay, so now I booted into Catalina and did a CCC overwrite, cleared NVRAM and rebooted. Got it now I thought, but no, another KP. Then I wiped the backup disk entirely, recreated the EFI partition, added my now working EFI from my main boot disk, and did a complete restore to a now empty partition on my backup disk.

Once again, after the complete restore was done, I rebooted, cleared NVRAM, and finally, now after 3 hours, my backup disk was working again.

Just thought you'd like to know what my experience was in case someone else hits a similar speed bump....

Back