Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Does anyone know how to enable hardware acceleratd video rendering with this build ?
So we can render h264 and hvenc with hardware acceleration..

1609868970790.png

1609869031597.png

Attachments

• 28488D28-3305-45E2-9FC4-16FDFBB07950.jpeg
    28488D28-3305-45E2-9FC4-16FDFBB07950.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Using HackinDROM to copy platform id from old config.plist to the new one can cause similar problems because this utility copies only a small part of system info.
Hello,
can you show me what's the problem and what is the "small part of system info" please?

Hello,
can you show me what's the problem and what is the "small part of system info" please?
Yes, of course :)
In attach you can find 3 images (on left side config.plist edits by HackinDROM and on the right side my original one) showing in order

1: SecureBootModel on misc section is incorrect for intel wireless version (I think this opens because the value is incorrect in the origina CaseySJ one

2: in DataHub section only values present in generic zone are copied (all but processor type one); the one on data hub one aren't

3: no field in the SMBIOS section was copied

Attachments

• misc.jpg
    misc.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 78
  • smbios.jpg
    smbios.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 76
  • datahub.jpg
    datahub.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 67
Yes, of course :)
In attach you can find 3 images (on left side config.plist edits by HackinDROM and on the right side my original one) showing in order

1: SecureBootModel on misc section is incorrect for intel wireless version (I think this opens because the value is incorrect in the origina CaseySJ one

2: in DataHub section only values present in generic zone are copied (all but processor type one); the one on data hub one aren't

3: no field in the SMBIOS section was copied
Thanks for pointing this out. The following fixes have been made:
  • SecureBootModel set to Default in the OC 065 EFI Zip file for Intel Wireless.
  • SecureBootModel set to Default in the two related config.plist files in HackinDROM:
    • Z490 Vision D OC 065 AMD GPU Intel Wireless
    • Z490 Vision D OC 065 Intel iGPU Intel Wireless
Please note, however, that for PlatformInfo we do not use all of the fields you mentioned. We only use PlatformInfo --> Generic.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.30.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.30.21 PM.png

In general, iGPU should be set to Enabled (not auto).
well this is the case, I even have primary GPU to internal graphics in the bios but still .. no acceleration whatsoever.. :( also the UHD 630 graphics do not get displayed in system report. .

1609933439607.png

Thanks for pointing this out. The following fixes have been made:
  • SecureBootModel set to Default in the OC 065 EFI Zip file for Intel Wireless.
  • SecureBootModel set to Default in the two related config.plist files in HackinDROM:
    • Z490 Vision D OC 065 AMD GPU Intel Wireless
    • Z490 Vision D OC 065 Intel iGPU Intel Wireless
Please note, however, that for PlatformInfo we do not use all of the fields you mentioned. We only use PlatformInfo --> Generic.

View attachment 503985View attachment 503984

Any love for the Vision G owners? ;)

well this is the case, I even have primary GPU to internal graphics in the bios but still .. no acceleration whatsoever.. :( also the UHD 630 graphics do not get displayed in system report. .

View attachment 504031
“Initial Display Output” should be set to AMD GPU (“PCIe 1 Slot”).

iGPU will not appear in “System Information —> Graphics/Displays”, which is normal. The iGPU is still active.

Back