Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
UHD Graphics 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ - First, just want to say how great your guide is. I had some experience with Clover hacks in the past but this is my first time using OpenCore. Only hardware difference from your build is I used i9-10850k and Crucial ballistix RAM. I am also only using iGPU for now. Installation of Big Sur 11.1 was flawless and everything seems to work including TB3, all USB ports, sleep/wake, handoff, AirDrop, etc. I did have a problem with sleep when I tried the YOUBO Fenvi card. I traced it to the USB connector. This resolved when I replaced the YOUBO with the Fenvi card you recommended. I have no idea why.

I do have one small issue, Intel Power Gadget 3.7 does not appear to be working for me. The program seemed to install without error but I get the following pop-up when I load the program:

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.42.06 PM.png

Even after following the above instructions I still get the above pop-op and obtain no readings:

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.45.11 PM.png

I do recall someone having the same problem on this thread awhile back but do not recall any follow-up or solutions. Its obviously not a major problem but just wanted to run some tests on the system. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Update: Found solution to this problem as described below.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
UHD Graphics 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ - First, just want to say how great your guide is. I had some experience with Clover hacks in the past but this is my first time using OpenCore. Only hardware difference from your build is I used i9-10850k and Crucial ballistix RAM. I am also only using iGPU for now. Installation was flawless and everything seems to work including TB3, all USB ports, sleep/wake, handoff, AirDrop, etc. I did have a problem with sleep when I tried the YOUBO Fenvi card. I traced it to the USB connector. This resolved when I replaced the YOUBO with the Fenvi card you recommended. I have no idea why.

I do have one small issue, Intel Power Gadget 3.7 does not appear to be working for me. The program seemed to install without error but I get the following pop-up when I load the program:

View attachment 503501

Even after following the above instructions I still get the above pop-op and obtain no readings:

View attachment 503499

I do recall someone having the same problem on this thread awhile back but do not recall any follow-up or solutions. Its obviously not a major problem but just wanted to run some tests on the system. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Found the answer to my problem here: https://osxdaily.com/2019/03/03/install-intel-power-gadget-mac/ . Maybe someone will find this useful.
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 10.46.39 PM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 Plus Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone know how to turn these commands to Default?

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCEncode -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDHEVCDecode -bool YES

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Just delete them.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Please see:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K OC@5.3GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT + RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte has just dropped new BIOS F20a (not sure what happened to BIOS versions F8 to F19, as F7c was the last version on the website), with purported support for 11th-gen Rocket Lake. I haven't tested this bios yet. Will be interesting to see if Big Sur (or even Catalina) will boot Rocket Lake out of the box when it drops later this year.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte has just dropped new BIOS F20a (not sure what happened to BIOS versions F8 to F19, as F7c was the last version on the website), with purported support for 11th-gen Rocket Lake. I haven't tested this bios yet. Will be interesting to see if Big Sur (or even Catalina) will boot Rocket Lake out of the box when it drops later this year.
I think the biggest problem would be the new Xe igpu.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K OC@5.3GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT + RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think the biggest problem would be the new Xe igpu.
Agreed. It will have different hardware ids etc, I foresee problems in apps that use the igpu. But you never know. But in terms of just running x86 code, should be fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
People have trouble POSTing with F20a Bios. So perhaps it could be helpful to check out that thread first. They had to q-flash older stable version, so I'll probably hold off for now.

Last edited by a moderator: