Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MLB & ROM show twice (once under generic section and once under NVRAM). Do I need to copy the generic section?

Thank you
The PlatformNVRAM section just copies what you enter in the Generic section. Only copy these 4 items:
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.30.14 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I started fresh install with the proper config.plist for ADM

It's still having the same issue.

Is it possible that it's keeping the old EFI files in some memory?

I erased all partitions from the mac drive

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I started fresh install with the proper config.plist for ADM

It's still having the same issue.

Is it possible that it's keeping the old EFI files in some memory?

I erased all partitions from the mac drive
Some questions/comments:
  • It might be that the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT SE does not use reference video port layout. We generally don't recommend the "Nitro+" series or any special gaming-oriented modifications that some GPU vendors apply.
  • The safest choices for RX 5700 XT are:
    • PowerColor Red Dragon
    • Sapphire Pulse (not Nitro)
  • Other models are also okay, but the above two are the more common ones.
    • I have the PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Do you have a different AMD GPU you can try temporarily?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Some questions/comments:
  • It might be that the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT SE does not use reference video port layout. We generally don't recommend the "Nitro+" series or any special gaming-oriented modifications that some GPU vendors apply.
  • The safest choices for RX 5700 XT are:
    • PowerColor Red Dragon
    • Sapphire Pulse (not Nitro)
  • Other models are also okay, but the above two are the more common ones.
    • I have the PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Do you have a different AMD GPU you can try temporarily?

Unfortunately I don't have another one to try temporary

I ordered one (before I saw your reply) from the recommended list (2nd card on the list). Should be here tomorrow morning:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFBFJW3/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G (rev 2.0) Graphics Card, PCIe 4.0, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD REV2.0 Video Card

Do you think this will work?

Thank you

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unfortunately I don't have another one to try temporary

I ordered one (before I saw your reply) from the recommended list (2nd card on the list). Should be here tomorrow morning:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFBFJW3/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G (rev 2.0) Graphics Card, PCIe 4.0, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD REV2.0 Video Card

Do you think this will work?

Thank you
It might work. We'll try as much as we can to help you with that. Meanwhile, you can still try this with the Nitro+:
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable?
  • If using HDMI, try switching to DisplayPort with the Sapphire Nitro+.
    • Try each of the DisplayPort connectors on the Nitro+ one by one. Reboot computer each time.
    • Also try disabling WhateverGreen from OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section. The enable/disable checkbox is on the far right side of that table.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Rx 580
Hi @CaseySJ thanks for the guide, today i upgrade from the z390 to the z490, but im wondering how can i apply all the configuration from the z390 explained by @luckyal to get the slate digital vrs8 work in here?
Or maybe i can use the **Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer ** from the z390 in the z490?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
It might work. We'll try as much as we can to help you with that. Meanwhile, you can still try this with the Nitro+:
    • Try each of the DisplayPort connectors on the Nitro+ one by one. Reboot computer each time.
    • Also try disabling WhateverGreen from OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section. The enable/disable checkbox is on the far right side of that table.

I am using the hdmi since I don't have the displayport cable. Will order one (are they backwards compatible? my monitor supports 1.2)

It worked after disabling WhateverGreen. Thank you so much. I guess is safe to cancel that order for the new card

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT

I was able to disable WhateverGreen, installed the macos, all good. I moved the EFI folder into the Macos EFI partition, but now at the normal boot it does the same.

Weird

Edit: again entire installation was complete, booted in macos, copied EFI folder from usb partition to macos but now screen turns off after logo load. I tried booting from the usb EFI into the Macos, same issue

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Or maybe i can use the **Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer ** from the z390 in the z490?
Not sure which configuration by luckyal you're referring to. Does the Digital Slate VRS require USB 2.0 protocol over USB-C port?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to disable WhateverGreen, installed the macos, all good. I moved the EFI folder into the Macos EFI partition, but now at the normal boot it does the same.

Weird
Sorry, to be clear:
  • The same EFI folder is copied to both:
    • EFI partition of macOS SSD
    • EFI partition of USB flash disk
  • When you boot from USB flash disk (F12 at BIOS splash screen) then RX 5700 XT displays image on the monitor?
  • When you boot from the internal macOS SSD, then monitor goes black midway through the Apple Logo boot screen?