Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
I am using Gigabyte Vision G and I have also mapped all the required ports correctly using your SSDT UIAC V2 for Vision G. I made my own USBPorts.kext using Hackintool and I use that one instead of any SSDTs. My hack works perfectly in all areas in Big Sur Dev Beta 6 / Public Beta 2. However, it does not go into sleep mode correctly. The screen turns off, but all motherboard and USB Keyboard / Mouse RGB lights remain ON.
I am also using your SSDT-USBW.aml and USBWakeFixup.kext. I have also injected correct power properties using Hackintool which were shown red previously. I am using iMacPro1,1 as SMBIOS and disabled bluetooth to wake up this device.
I am facing EXACTLY same problem on my other hack Gigabyte Z370N Wifi. I am using latest Official OpenCore 0.6.1 along with all latest kexts released yesterday.
Any pointers?
Hello @mirwaiz
  • Does the problem occur when using the USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2) instead of USBPorts.kext?
  • In OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel, is XhciPortLimit checked ON?

I will be building a machine sometime this week. I have read all 200+ Pages in this forum. Back a few pages people are talking about using iMac20,1 instead of iMac19,1. However the instructions on pg1 say to use 19,1.

I will be using a Z490 Vision D
Radeon Nitro+ 5700 XT
i9 10850k
64gigs of Ram.
3 NVME drives for a triple boot system Windows, Linux, OSX

Should I consider using iMac20,1 or even iMacPro1,1?

Thanks for this great package @CaseySJ

I will be building a machine sometime this week. I have read all 200+ Pages in this forum. Back a few pages people are talking about using iMac20,1 instead of iMac19,1. However the instructions on pg1 say to use 19,1.

I will be using a Z490 Vision D
Radeon Nitro+ 5700 XT
i9 10850k
64gigs of Ram.
3 NVME drives for a triple boot system Windows, Linux, OSX

Should I consider using iMac20,1 or even iMacPro1,1?

Thanks for this great package @CaseySJ
Hello @taconugget

I think it's quite safe now to use iMac20,1 or iMac20,2. At the OpenCore Configurator --> PlatformInfo page, simply choose it from the pop-up menu:
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 11.48.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-08 at 11.48.25 AM.png

Do you see an IGPU utilization spike when playing the Sony 4K Camp video?

Playing the video takes the iGPU up to 0.15Ghz (as does rapidly scrubbing/shuttling).

Maybe there is something in the latest Whatevergreen that changes things?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.03.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.03.11 PM.png
    371.1 KB · Views: 67
Playing the video takes the iGPU up to 0.15Ghz (as does rapidly scrubbing/shuttling).

Maybe there is something in the latest Whatevergreen that changes things?

Without igfxfw=2 I get all sorts of weirdness (playing the sony 4K camp file). I'm inclined to think there is a bug somewhere or that the microcode isn't updated for Comet Lake yet?

Edit: I think the actual performance is fine though; converting a 43min 1080p H264 to H265 (HEVC) will supposedly take 14 minutes, IPG is showing GFX AV of 3.42 and GFX Req showing 1.03 at the time of writing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.48.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.48.46 PM.png
    443.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Today I replaced my old second monitor with the same model as my main monitor. Previously I was able to use NativeDisplayBrightness application to adjust the brightness for each monitor. Now when I try reducing the brightness, it is only changing it for the main monitor. I also tried using MonitorControl, it shows that the two monitors have different ID numbers, but when I try changing the brightness on each option, same as before, it changes the brightness of the main monitor. Any ideas on what I could change?

Also any recommendations on how I can use the speakers on both monitors at the same time? On the volume output it only lets me select one monitor's speakers.

Edit: When I only have the new monitor plugged in, the NativeDisplayBrightness works fine. I plug in the other monitor and it goes back to only changing the brightness for one of them.

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Today I replaced my old second monitor with the same model as my main monitor. Previously I was able to use NativeDisplayBrightness application to adjust the brightness for each monitor. Now when I try reducing the brightness, it is only changing it for the main monitor. I also tried using MonitorControl, it shows that the two monitors have different ID numbers, but when I try changing the brightness on each option, same as before, it changes the brightness of the main monitor. Any ideas on what I could change?
Interesting problem. Do you have a real Mac for testing this? One option is to report the issue to the developers of both tools:
  • NativeDisplayBrightness issues -- Unfortunately the developer no longer has time to support this project as stated in this TonyMac post.
  • MonitorControl issues - Please search that link first in case there are any similar reports
Also any recommendations on how I can use the speakers on both monitors at the same time? On the volume output it only lets me select one monitor's speakers.
Not possible. ;)

Interesting problem. Do you have a real Mac for testing this? One option is to report the issue to the developers of both tools:
  • NativeDisplayBrightness issues -- Unfortunately the developer no longer has time to support this project as stated in this TonyMac post.
  • MonitorControl issues - Please search that link first in case there are any similar reports

Not possible. ;)

Thanks for those resources Casey. Apparently it was a bug caused by having two identical monitors and they pushed a fix (MonitorControl).

Link to the fix in case anyone experiences the same bug.

Last edited:
Back