Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

In windows I can see two HID devices with same vendor and product ID, so, I think, it's one device, but virtually it has two devices, I have no ideas why.
Even on Linux there are two devices, so I think it's okay.
And, it's very interesting, I read that ITE5702 controls Q-Flash Plus on Vision G board (BIOS flashing without CPU), read it in review of Vision G on russian hardware site ixbt.com.
Vision D also has Q-Flash Plus. The more I learn about Vision D, the more I like it...

I understand. I will receive another 5700XT tomorrow. Hopefully Lady Luck would be all smiles.
If your new 5700 XT also exhibits problems, I can move my PowerColor RX 5700 XT into the Vision D to see if the problems are reproducible.

If your new 5700 XT also exhibits problems, I can move my PowerColor RX 5700 XT into the Vision D to see if the problems are reproducible.

Thank you.

ADDITIONALLY!!! We received the 10900Ks today. Build completion with new case planed for tomorrow:lol:.

Last edited:
Thank you.

ADDITIONALLY!!! We received the 10900Ks today. Build completion with planed for tomorrow:lol:.
Wonderful! To put us all to shame, be sure to post screenshot of Activity Monitor with 20 CPU threads.

Wonderful! To put us all to shame, be sure to post screenshot of Activity Monitor with 20 CPU threads.

Crucial decision reversal.... reconstruction starts in two hours. Activity Monitor screen shot to follow in four.

Hi @CaseySJ - Thanks a ton man, last week ordered what we can get right now, and it is working though I haven't tested everything like a-z but happy enough, followed your guide/steps which is excellent:

So I have same setup as yours:

Motherboard :- Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D
CPU :- i5-10400 (nothing else is easily available without paying extra)
Graphics :- MSI RX 580
Wifi-BT :- Fenvi T919
EVGA - 600W Non-Modu

What Works (as from your list):
- Wifi
- Ethernet
- BT (have: logitech k811, magic mouse 2, airpods)
- Icloud
- Siri
- Facetime - logitech C922 HD cam

- Also from your list - tried:
  • Reboot, shutdown, sleep, wake
- Yet to try - from your list:
  • Continuity features: Handoff, AirDrop, Unlock with Apple Watch, Continuity Camera, Sidecar
  • Thunderbolt with hot plug (Thunderbolt Bus requires firmware flashing)
  • Built-in audio
BUT now I am greedy and thinking on giving this up and upgrade - Want to use i9-10900K and may be RX 5700 XT (or better, pls suggest) - will that work, or what combination will work? I will return/sell i5 and rx 580 as soon as you confirm :) - Again hats off to you, for so long I was trying to build a better hack. Thanks Thanks Thanks :clap::clap::clap:

Hello @hackerno1

Glad to hear it -- and nice to see that you were also wise to start with i5-10400 and RX 580. I say 'wise' because I believe the real excitement is just on the horizon with:
  • Next-generation AMD NAVI GPUs. While so-called "Big Navi" with insane levels of performance might be a halo product (i.e. an expensive top-of-the-line), AMD is expected to announce a new family of "less big" Navi. Next version of macOS will be announced at Apple's WWDC in 16 days, and it may support big and less-big NAVI when the new OS is released sometime in the fall.
  • Next iteration of Intel Core CPUs. A more significant advancement in CPU design is expected in the forthcoming Intel Rocket Lake. It is also LGA1200 and a drop-in replacement for Comet Lake. It will enable PCIe 4.0 on the Vision D.
This is why the specs of this system -- at the moment -- are relatively modest with i5-10400 and RX 580. When the new NAVIs and Rocket Lakes are released, this system will get a real shot-in-the-arm.

Last edited:

Preliminary build completed. current Geekbench 5 scores.

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 9.15.02 PM.png

@thysm00 I have the same Mobo and CPU like you. Would you share the EFI folder? :)
@Tomate229 Sure, i'll send you a PM later with it (i'm my work computer and i'll need to change the serial numbers), but it's is exactly SmockLords's EFI plus the small edit or unchecking those two checkboxes in opencore configuratior. I also manually created my USBMap, but it's a bit odd as Hackintool displays more than 15ports... But still less than the total number of ports displayed when the port limit patch is enabled.
Btw if someone has an idea why this is happening, i'd love to find out ;)

Back