Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

O
Hmm... I can't think if what can be wrong...

Can you try booting normally and, at the OpenCore boot picker, press the space bar. Then select recovery and install using Recovery?
Ok. I will try that and let you know.
Thank you

Hello pastrychef !
I've tried to press the space bar at OC Boot picker, and I've nothing… no recovery button or anything else.

Hello pastrychef !
I've tried to press the space bar at OC Boot picker and i've nothing… no recovery button or anything else.

At the very least, you should have an option to clear NVRAM...

At the very least, you should have an option to clear NVRAM...

Yep, already tried it. Thanks again for your time.
I order a new USB stick because the one I used was broken by my kid (Murphy's law I guess :banghead:).

Well, I keep you informed when I'm back to test.

Hi ! Me again.
So, i've got a new USB stick and decided to try to be back on Catalina before updating on a new OS.

Even if the progress bar go further than with the Ventura installer, i've still got the same shut down and nothing…

Last EFI configuration folder from post #1 with MAC Adress and agdpmod=pikera add in the boot arg.

Reset NVRAM done

See new file attached if anything shows up ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9140.jpg
    IMG_9140.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 21
Hi ! Me again.
So, i've got a new USB stick and decided to try to be back on Catalina before updating on a new OS.

Even if the progress bar go further than with the Ventura installer, i've still got the same shut down and nothing…

Last EFI configuration folder from post #1 with MAC Adress and agdpmod=pikera add in the boot arg.

Reset NVRAM done

Thanks
Try to reset your BIOS to default and make the minimum required changes (disable CFG lock, internal graphics, CSM support and enable VT-d and setup USB settings).

Hi ! Me again.

Reset NVRAM done

Thanks

It's stopping at GPU config...

Try with "-wegnoegpu" boot-arg and monitor connected to IGPU. Of course, also enable IGPU in BIOS.

I finally succeeded to install Mac OS Catalina and smoothly update to Mac OS Ventura.

Thanks a lot @pastrychef

Last edited:
No, it's not different. Same thing. Your Wi-Fi will be broken after upgrading to Sonoma.

Grab the latest release version of OpenCore from acidanther's GitHub page.
Replace the following files in your EFI:
/EFI/BOOT/*.*
/EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
/EFI/OC/Drivers/*.*
/EFI/OC/Tools/*.*
Reboot and make sure everything is working.
Upgrade to Sonoma.
After upgrading, follow the following guide to get Wi-Fi working again:https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/WIiFi_Sonoma.md

Is there a newer card we can install to get around this?

Last edited:
I am trying to get my Gigabyte Thunderbolt 3 card working with my Hackintosh.
In the EFI I enabled the SSDT-Z390-RP05-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml and USBPorts-with-Power.kext. All vanilla files as supplied by @pastrychef

In the BIOS I setup the card as detailed in the first post including no authentication. This is also reported by the windows tool. In windows there is no issue at all. I can see the Thunderbolt NIC that is connected to the card as well as USB-C devices. The Thunderbolt NIC is plugged in at boot, and I can see it reported on the startup screen.
Both are working fine so this is a hardware problem with my MacOS setup.

Hackintool is showing the Thunderbolt card and the Thunderbolt NIC under PCIe, very similar to my Macbook.
I can also see the XHC5 under USB but for some reason SSP1 and SSP2 as defined in the kext do not appear
The Thunderbolt NIC is not appearing in my Network config, and I can not add the NIC either. If I plugin USB-C devices, it also does not appear.

Any idea what I am missing to get the card working on MacOS?

1699558225144.png

1699558610218.png
1699558467009.png

1699559502652.png

Back