Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Drive in the same machine works fine for Migration Assistant.

Do this:
Create Ventura USB Installer.
Install RX 580.
Install new 2TB NVMe SSD.
Boot in to Ventura USB installer and install Ventura on new 2TB NVMe SSD.
Boot in to new 2TB NVMe SSD.
Use Migration Assistant the first time the setup process makes the option available.
Select old 512 NVMe SSD as source for Migration Assistant.
Done.
I have started to create the USB boot device. However, after the sudo /Applications/Install\ command, what Password is it looking for?

I have started to create the USB boot device. However, after the sudo /Applications/Install\ command, what Password is it looking for?

The password of the account you are logged in to in macOS.

The password of the account you are logged in to in macOS.
Hmm, that’s what I thought, but it is a bit problematic when you can’t see what you type.

Thanks!

I'm trying to update from Big Sur to Monterey and it's restarting when I get to that part, I tried with clover and opencore and it restarts at the same time, does anyone know what it could be?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-31 at 21.37.08.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-31 at 21.37.08.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 13
I'm trying to update from Big Sur to Monterey and it's restarting when I get to that part, I tried with clover and opencore and it restarts at the same time, does anyone know what it could be?

Did you try the latest OpenCore EFI?

Were you able to boot in to macOS with the new EFI? Are you upgrading macOS via System Preferences?

What kind of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using? Is the Bluetooth connected to the recommended port?

Did you try the latest OpenCore EFI?

Were you able to boot in to macOS with the new EFI? Are you upgrading macOS via System Preferences?

What kind of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using? Is the Bluetooth connected to the recommended port?

Thanks for answering, I tried installing the latest version of macos (13.4) and it worked o/

Hmm, that’s what I thought, but it is a bit problematic when you can’t see what you type.

Thanks!
Curious...

It seems to have taken the Password. I did a Cut & Paste for the sudo command, but after /createinstallmedia: it returns command not found. I seem to remember something like this happening with Catalina, but that was 2+ years ago and I don't remember what the fix was.

Next Steps?

Curious...

It seems to have taken the Password. I did a Cut & Paste for the sudo command, but after /createinstallmedia: it returns command not found. I seem to remember something like this happening with Catalina, but that was 2+ years ago and I don't remember what the fix was.

Next Steps?

Here are the official instructions from Apple...

Here are the official instructions from Apple...

Ah, discovered that the sudo command stated Catalina instead of Ventura!

It is creating the bootable USB device now.
However, I just noticed that it didn't have that "No Interaction" at the end of the command string. Is that a problem?

Ah, discovered that the sudo command stated Catalina instead of Ventura!

It is creating the bootable USB device now.
However, I just noticed that it didn't have that "No Interaction" at the end of the command string. Is that a problem?

You lost me... What command did you use?

Back