Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I had cleared the NVRAM with no difference.
I added what you mentioned but now I have this error in OpenCore Configurator.

OCS: No get serialized key at 2 index!
OCS: Missing key ResizeUsePciRbIo, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 2 errors!
Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 2 ms. Found 2 issues requiring attention.

Also, I forgot to mention that I changed the security settings to Default.
Thank you for the ongoing help and support.

I don't know what serialized key is.

The ResizeUserPciRbIo shouldn't make a difference.

Please post a photo of the verbose screen where it stops.

Last edited:
If it's showing up under USB, then I don't see why it's not working...
Same here. I had a sudden desktop crash and from that point on, the side bar is not showing iPhone, iOS devices plugged in. Tried the Finder -> Preferences -> Sidebar -> Under Locations, check or uncheck and check iOS Devices. Still no resolve or luck getting it to appear. Is there anyway to force open that specific screen for iOS devices in finder? Perhaps I have to reset finder settings? Any guidance would help. I might have to do a full reinstall if I can't get it to work :/ Maybe time to upgrade to newer Ventura OS?

Same here. I had a sudden desktop crash and from that point on, the side bar is not showing iPhone, iOS devices plugged in. Tried the Finder -> Preferences -> Sidebar -> Under Locations, check or uncheck and check iOS Devices. Still no resolve or luck getting it to appear. Is there anyway to force open that specific screen for iOS devices in finder? Perhaps I have to reset finder settings? Any guidance would help. I might have to do a full reinstall if I can't get it to work :/ Maybe time to upgrade to newer Ventura OS?

It sounds like a bug of some sort in macOS or iOS. Since the iPhone is showing up in System Information, the hackintosh part is working.

I see no reason to stay on old versions of macOS if you don't have to.

I think I need some help. After updating to OC 0.9.0 and backing up in preparation going to macOS 13.3, I no longer got the upgrade option in Software Update. Previously when this happened, I changed the secure boot option to Default from Disabled. This worked and I proceeded to download and update. When I came back and hour or so later, the computer was stuck in a boot loop. After showing the Apple logo and the progress bar going about 20% across, there would be a click sound and the computer would restart. If I tried to boot into recovery, it would just hang at the Apple logo. After much troubleshooting, I determined to the best of my ability that somehow my boot drive was corrupted. I decided to resinstall from scratch. I made an install USB and put OC 0.9.0 on the EFI. But it freezes. I don’t know how to proceed. Thoughts?

I think I need some help. After updating to OC 0.9.0 and backing up in preparation going to macOS 13.3, I no longer got the upgrade option in Software Update. Previously when this happened, I changed the secure boot option to Default from Disabled. This worked and I proceeded to download and update. When I came back and hour or so later, the computer was stuck in a boot loop. After showing the Apple logo and the progress bar going about 20% across, there would be a click sound and the computer would restart. If I tried to boot into recovery, it would just hang at the Apple logo. After much troubleshooting, I determined to the best of my ability that somehow my boot drive was corrupted. I decided to resinstall from scratch. I made an install USB and put OC 0.9.0 on the EFI. But it freezes. I don’t know how to proceed. Thoughts?

Please add the "-v" boot-arg and post where it's getting stuck. Also, which Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using?

Please add the "-v" boot-arg and post where it's getting stuck. Also, which Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using?
Thanks for getting back. Is there a way to save -v output to a file? So much text flies by I can’t read it even in a video. Then when it freezes it flips to the Apple logo on a black screen and all the text is gone.

I had a similar problem with my Z390 Gaming X MB based rig, using an EFI based on pastrychef's. For the first time since I made the rig (in Catalina), I had a problem with the updates. It was stuck in a boot loop. I can't remember exactly where it was stuck when I used verbose booting -- something about PCI Configuration.

I reached out to CaseySJ and he graciously uploaded his EFI here. I added my rig info such as DeviceProperties, USB port map and serials, and it is now up and running.

His EFI has a number of differences. There are many ACPI entries/SSDTs that I think you can disable. I am going through the other switches to see what is different.

@ngc7789

You can try that EFI. In addition to what tedyun suggested, you can disable all the Thunderbolt and AQC113 related SSDTs.

Thanks guys. I still can’t get it to work. It’s been rock solid for years and I owe it all to you pastrychef and the rest of the group. But I think it’s time for me to just buy my M2 Pro Mac Mini and bid farewell to the hackintosh. I just don’t have the time anymore. It’s been a fun ride.

Thanks guys. I still can’t get it to work. It’s been rock solid for years and I owe it all to you pastrychef and the rest of the group. But I think it’s time for me to just buy my M2 Pro Mac Mini and bid farewell to the hackintosh. I just don’t have the time anymore. It’s been a fun ride.

Do you want to try uploading your EFI so we can take a look?

Back