Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yes. May I ask you some questions just to understand better:

1. SSDT-AWAC.aml is disable on ACPI. Why?
2. same with SSDT-USBX.aml
3. May I remove PS2 kexts if I won't use ps2 devices?
4. If I remove the graphic card and and the corresponding conf. on “Devices“. Should I be able to run macOS?

1. I tested with and without AWAC and it made no difference so I disabled it.
  2. The USB port kext does the USB power injection so USBX isn't necessary.
  3. Yes.
  4. The config.plist should not have any DeviceProperty for graphics. You can delete all DeviceProperties except the one for audio and it should still function correctly.

Hi, I just make it work. Could the problem be the serial numbers ? System UUID and MLB and Serial Number? The older numbers won't let driver the display at log in macOS. Extrange...

Hi, I just make it work. Could the problem be the serial numbers ? System UUID and MLB and Serial Number? The older numbers won't let driver the display at log in macOS. Extrange...

I've never heard of that... But I'm glad to hear it's working.

I updated to 12.3 and have OC.0.7.9 and since the 12.3 updates, I am having a long screen on times even from the screen just turning off. When I press the spacebar it takes about a full minute to get to the login screen and no imputes work until the screens are on. I'm also getting random freezes where the mouse still works but the time and everything else is frozen. I haven't had an issue like this for a very long time and I am not sure how to get logs when I have to hard reboot my system.
I have reset the NVRAM.
It seems to do with graphics, as it is playing YouTube videos really choppy and stutters when switching between apps etc. I have the RX-5700.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I updated to 12.3 and have OC.0.7.9 and since the 12.3 updates, I am having a long screen on times even from the screen just turning off. When I press the spacebar it takes about a full minute to get to the login screen and no imputes work until the screens are on. I'm also getting random freezes where the mouse still works but the time and everything else is frozen. I haven't had an issue like this for a very long time and I am not sure how to get logs when I have to hard reboot my system.
I have reset the NVRAM.
It seems to do with graphics, as it is playing YouTube videos really choppy and stutters when switching between apps etc. I have the RX-5700.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try applying the DeviceProperties for your 5700 XT as listed here.

Try applying the DeviceProperties for your 5700 XT as listed here.
Hi,

I also had a lot of trouble with 12.3 and 5700XT. Seams to be solved now with 12.3.1 (OC 0.7.9)

Didn't change anything in the DeviceProperties as proposed in the linked thread, left it as is

Hi,

I also had a lot of trouble with 12.3 and 5700XT. Seams to be solved now with 12.3.1 (OC 0.7.9)

Didn't change anything in the DeviceProperties as proposed in the linked thread, left it as is

Yes. 12.3.1 seems to have fixed all the GPU issues.

Hi, @pastrychef do you know if it's possible to use Universal Control with this Hackintosh and a MacBookPro 2015 ? Which is not allow for apple to do this,.

Last edited:
Hi, @pastrychef do you know if it's possible to use Universal Control with this Hackintosh and a MacBookPro 2015 ? Which is not allow for apple to do this,.

I don't know. I have not tried Universal Control on any systems.

I've got a weird new (for me) problem. I got a new Benq SW270C monitor and installed its calibration software. This monitor has hardware calibration so after calibration it writes the LUT file to the monitor's hardware. During the writing of this LUT file the computer crashed and restarted. I proceeded to recalibrate and this time the LUT wrote successfully including running the verification process. All seemed good.

But now every time I boot I get the "you shut down your computer because of a problem" message. I get this message regardless of whether I click cancel which does not load applications running a time of crash or open which does. It also doesn't matter whether I restart or shutdown and then boot. As far as I can tell there is no issue with booting and after dismissing the message everything seems to work fine. It is quite annoying.

I can't think of what to try other than resetting NVRAM which I have done. Googling did find a few instances of people complaining of similar experiences using a real Mac but no remedy was proposed.

Any ideas? Does anyone know how the Mac knows it didn't shutdown properly? Maybe some file or something is lingering after that initial crash so it still thinks there is a recent crash. Or maybe during restart/shutdown something actually is failing but I have now idea what.

Any help is appreciated. I don't know where else to turn.

Back