Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Enable VT-x and VT-d. Disable serial port.

In config.plist, disable your video card or physically pull it.

Connect monitor to motherboard video out. Set initial display to IGPU.
same thing.
I have enabled VT-d, can't find Vt-x, changed Initial Display Out to IGFX. Serial port was disabled.

I don't have discrete video card, only internal Intel UHD630. Monitor is in HDMI.

My MacOS Catalina is installed on Samsung SSD 970 EVO M2. My old EFI is on this disk. I've read that this M2 a bit buggy, hasn't figured out what to do with it. Сan it affect?

Your EFI is on external USB 2.0 Flash plugged in USB 2.0 port. Don't think that it could affects, but just to know.
Besides my booting flash with installer can boot my installed Catalina, but there is no graphics acceleration - there is "Display 7 Mb" on about screen

same thing.
I have enabled VT-d, can't find Vt-x, changed Initial Display Out to IGFX. Serial port was disabled.

I don't have discrete video card, only internal Intel UHD630. Monitor is in HDMI.

My MacOS Catalina is installed on Samsung SSD 970 EVO M2. My old EFI is on this disk. I've read that this M2 a bit buggy, hasn't figured out what to do with it. Сan it affect?

Your EFI is on external USB 2.0 Flash plugged in USB 2.0 port. Don't think that it could affects, but just to know.
Besides my booting flash with installer can boot my installed Catalina, but there is no graphics acceleration - there is "Display 7 Mb" on about screen

Please post the EFI that you are able to boot with and doesn't give acceleration.

I'm sorry, really sorry, I got confused with a lot of EFI's :crazy::lol:

pastrychef, your EFI working! :headbang:

Last time I downloaded same Clover, same theme. Now it's new theme, exactly your EFI!

UDP: Lol, sleep button turns this system to black screen, no react from mouse, keyboard, power button or display turn off-on. Unplug-plug HDMI works

I suspect a questionable HDMI cable. HDMI has never worked well on any hackintosh I've tried...

I suspect a questionable HDMI cable. HDMI has never worked well on any hackintosh I've tried...
Do you mean replace a cable?

I planned to buy used SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB, but not now, maybe 6 months... And there is free Mini Display port on my monitor. DP is used by MacBook Air.

Later will check sidecar, it should work with my iPad Pro 10.5, is it?

Do you mean replace a cable?

I planned to buy used SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB, but not now, maybe 6 months... And there is free Mini Display port on my monitor. DP is used by MacBook Air.

Later will check sidecar, it should work with my iPad Pro 10.5, is it?

Yes, a high quality HDMI cable may help.

You can also lower the refresh rate to 30Hz which should make HDMI more reliable.

Yes, Sidecar should be working.

Yes, a high quality HDMI cable may help.

You can also lower the refresh rate to 30Hz which should make HDMI more reliable.

Yes, Sidecar should be working.
Strange, front panel USB 2.0 doesn't work. USB 3.0 works.
Bootloader was on USB 2.0 :D After booting it's done, lol. Plugged to USB 3.0 and 'installed' to my internal EFI drive. Boot ok.

Changed cable - sleep is ok, Hack turns off now, about 20 sec. Last time it was working with 'no signal'. It can wake by keyboard... But display still 'no signal' :D Power off-on display works. It will be no good if there will be external HDD plugged in the display.

BTW, is 'wake on lan' BIOS option will be good? Default is Windows to remote access.

Strange, front panel USB 2.0 doesn't work. USB 3.0 works.
Bootloader was on USB 2.0 :D After booting it's done, lol. Plugged to USB 3.0 and 'installed' to my internal EFI drive. Boot ok.

Changed cable - sleep is ok, Hack turns off now, about 20 sec. Last time it was working with 'no signal'. It can wake by keyboard... But display still 'no signal' :D Power off-on display works. It will be no good if there will be external HDD plugged in the display.

BTW, is 'wake on lan' BIOS option will be good? Default is Windows to remote access.

The internal USB 2 header is not configured to work. Please see post #1 on how I configured USB.

If you want to make changes, you will have to redo the USB fix.

Try lowering refresh rate in system preferences to 30Hz.

I have Wake on LAN enabled but never tested it.

Clover EFI updated to r5146.

OpenCore EFI updated to 0.8.0.
-ForceAquantiaEthernet enabled

*Note: Considering ending support for Clover EFI here because testing it screws up booting from OpenCore afterwards for me and I have to go through a convoluted process to fix it...

Last edited:
Hi Pastrychef,
thanks again for your help!
Actually i'm using a Qnap QXG-10G1T network controller - which didnot work for some time now.
For that i was glad to here that you updated to OC 0.8.0 as i hoped the "forceAquantiaEthernet" would enable my network again... Would you give me a hint as to what else - beside updating my efi to 0.8.0 - i should do to activate my network card again?
thanks in advance,
Stefan

Back