Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Nice -- How did you do the case mod? Did you follow an instructional anywhere? I got my hands on a PowerMac G5 in really nice condition. I want to do the case mod, but after taking a look at it, then some of the instructionals out there, I'm kind of intimidated.....
See The Workshop > Case Mods > ...

See The Workshop > Case Mods > ...

Or Click in my Signature.

Or Click in my Signature.

Really nice work on that case mod, @LiveSorcerer !

Hi men, thanks for this post. Can you help me? OC stuck at boot:

Attachments

• FF90D6EF-6595-468D-A798-67C80B70AA99.jpeg
    FF90D6EF-6595-468D-A798-67C80B70AA99.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 30
Hey, @pastrychef !

Question(s) for ya:

I’ve been following all the threads on this Monterey 12.3 GPU stuff, and I came across a bunch of stuff from you and @tedyun in regards to framebuffer optimizations, and it got me a little turned around… in short, should we(I) have Device Properties filled out (soft PP tables, 4x aty names) for:
1) Vega 64
2) Radeon VII
3) RX 590

These are the three main cards I use in my various systems, all running SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 (no iGPU) and all running Monterey 12.2.1 (not 12.3!), and I don’t have any device properties for these in my configs cuz I assumed at this point in the OS the optimizations have been sussed out by Apple, and WEG. I don’t think your efi here has it either, right? All run fine (the Vega can get weird) but perhaps I’m short-changing myself in total performance?

I guess it was my understanding that after Mojave the PPTs weren’t needed anymore (at least for Vega 64s) since Apple fixed the drivers curing fan problems and what not, and I saw the post where @tedyun
notes that as of Big Sur this is all irrelevant (except for fixing 12.3).

Sorry if this is a deep, loaded question!

Best,
J

Last edited:
Hey, @pastrychef !

Question(s) for ya:

I’ve been following all the threads on this Monterey 12.3 GPU stuff, and I came across a bunch of stuff from you and @tedyun in regards to framebuffer optimizations, and it got me a little turned around… in short, should we(I) have Device Properties filled out (soft PP tables, 4x aty names) for:
1) Vega 64
2) Radeon VII
3) RX 590

These are the three main cards I use in my various systems, all running SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 (no iGPU) and all running Monterey 12.2.1 (not 12.3!), and I don’t have any device properties for these in my configs cuz I assumed at this point in the OS the optimizations have been sussed out by Apple, and WEG. I don’t think your efi here has it either, right? All run fine (the Vega can get weird) but perhaps I’m short-changing myself in total performance?

I guess it was my understanding that after Mojave the PPTs weren’t needed anymore (at least for Vega 64s) since Apple fixed the drivers curing fan problems and what not, and I saw the post where @tedyun
notes that as of Big Sur this is all irrelevant (except for fixing 12.3).

Sorry if this is a deep, loaded question!

Best,
J

Those video cards are unaffected so it's not necessary to do anything extra.

Did you disable CFG Lock?
Si, it’s all BIOS conf. Correct. NVMe SSD with macOS working with Clover, and I just want to use OP. (A nvram clear and reset has been made). Can Figure it out what’s going on?

Si, it’s all BIOS conf. Correct. NVMe SSD with macOS working with Clover, and I just want to use OP. (A nvram clear and reset has been made). Can Figure it out what’s going on?

Hmm... Usually, CFG Lock is the cause for that... I don't know what else can be causing the problem. Are you booting straight in to OpenCore and then macOS?

Hmm... Usually, CFG Lock is the cause for that... I don't know what else can be causing the problem. Are you booting straight in to OpenCore and then macOS?
Yes. May I ask you some questions just to understand better:

1. SSDT-AWAC.aml is disable on ACPI. Why?
2. same with SSDT-USBX.aml
3. May I remove PS2 kexts if I won't use ps2 devices?
4. If I remove the graphic card and and the corresponding conf. on “Devices“. Should I be able to run macOS?

Back